1.    #1  
    is there a way to attach a lanyard to a Palm Pre?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I hate that phones no longer have lanyard loops. Especially considering how expensive, big and slippery they've become. I dropped my iPhone all the time so now I use a grippy invisible shield.
    May wanna ask Flava Flav...He knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Search lanyard here , there was a post a few weeks ago with some dude modifying something to attach to his phone to attach a lanyard
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I hate that phones no longer have lanyard loops. Especially considering how expensive, big and slippery they've become. I dropped my iPhone all the time so now I use a grippy invisible shield.
    You're just not looking at the ones that do have them. Plenty of new devices have lanyard loops.
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Not unless you want to try drilling a hole in the back cover. But I thought I read where the Pixi does come with a way to attach a wrist strap (which makes sense because it's so light and thin).
    You can try and find a case that has a lanyard loop?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Methinks someone who drills a hole in the battery cover, and only attaches a lanyard through that, would be asking for their Pre to become very familiar with the pavement. That back cover does not attach to the Pre in a way that is conducive to hanging from a string. Most lanyard capable phones have a loop on the frame that you attach the string to, through the cover.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Duct tape might work. I remember looking a while back and seeing a waterproof case that I was looking at for use at the pool, if I remember correctly, it did have a lanyard on it. I forget who the maker of it was, but I searched on waterproof cases.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I just upgraded from a Samsung i500 Palm phone (die hard for sure) and was disappointed to find the Pre has no way to attach a wrist strap. I took the strap off my i500 and attached it to my Pre. Took 30 minutes (25 minutes to get the nerve to drill the hole thru my Touchstone cover + 5 minutes to attached the lanyard to a Torx screw under the back cover).

Very clean. Very secure. See the movie at:
    youtube.com/watch?v=tnFoNG6gjho - How To Add a Wrist Strap to Your Palm Pre

I hope my effort repays a tiny part of all I've gained from PreCentral. Thanks to all.

JTK
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkreiner View Post
    I just upgraded from a Samsung i500 Palm phone (die hard for sure) and was disappointed to find the Pre has no way to attach a wrist strap. I took the strap off my i500 and attached it to my Pre. Took 30 minutes (25 minutes to get the nerve to drill the hole thru my Touchstone cover + 5 minutes to attached the lanyard to a Torx screw under the back cover).

Very clean. Very secure. See the movie at:
    youtube.com/watch?v=tnFoNG6gjho - How To Add a Wrist Strap to Your Palm Pre

I hope my effort repays a tiny part of all I've gained from PreCentral. Thanks to all.

JTK
    Very nice video, 5 Stars. I might have to try this. Seems simple enough.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Methinks someone who drills a hole in the battery cover, and only attaches a lanyard through that, would be asking for their Pre to become very familiar with the pavement. That back cover does not attach to the Pre in a way that is conducive to hanging from a string. Most lanyard capable phones have a loop on the frame that you attach the string to, through the cover.
    I agree, I also think it would be nice to have some kind of a lanyard on my Pre. even a finger lanyard would be nice. I have started opening my keyboard when I'm using the phone just to have more to hang onto. S@ks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkreiner View Post
    Took 30 minutes (25 minutes to get the nerve to drill the hole thru my Touchstone cover + 5 minutes to attached the lanyard to a Torx screw under the back cover).
    Just to re-emphasize, I also think it's a bad idea to rely on the back cover to attach a lanyard. All you have are four very flimsy and fragile tabs holding the phone, and with the force of a possible drop (and the added force of the lanyard trying to stop the fall), I really doubt the cover would be any match for that kind of pressure.
    I take that back, since jtkreiner attaches the lanyard through a hole in the back cover and onto one of the torx screws present on the rear of the phone.

That does make the swap of different covers a hassle, but it's better than relying on the cover alone.