1.    #1  
    Hi i have a strange question but couldnt find an answer quickly maybe because its too simple . I need to reset WebOS completely but want to keep my calendar, my contacts and my SMS / Emails and such things. Are these stored in the Cloud anyway or what do i need to do to make sure nothing of importance gets lost?
    you need to look up a backup program like missing sync or pocketmirror and buy it and back up contacts to your computer, or back them up to a google account
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    for backup to a google account do i need a special program as well? Dont want to buy a backup program ... should be coming with such a phone in standard in my opinion

Thanks so much for the fast answer
    All of the things should be in the "cloud". Emails should be backed up by your email provider i.e. yahoo, aim or whoever and they should all re-sync once you reset the phone. I am almost positive you will lose all of your SMS.

Make sure you run the back up app before you reset WebOS this will ensure your contacts are stored in the cloud. I would also plug your phone in via usb to your computer and copy all your pictures and whatever else you dont want lost.

I have reset my phone several times (with WebOS doctor) and the only thing lost were the SMS.

Hope this helps
  5.    #5  
    thanks! I usually backup my data to the cloud every few days. SMS are not THAT important but it feels wrong to loose them ... dang . I guess in the end ill have to write the contacts down to make sure i dont loose them and try it out ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Daijanus View Post
    for backup to a google account do i need a special program as well? Dont want to buy a backup program ... should be coming with such a phone in standard in my opinion

Thanks so much for the fast answer
    just go to google .com and search around a bit you should find something .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Don't listen to Shadavis unless you either want to spend money (Missing Sync/Pocketmirror) or lose your info (txts and call logs are not backed up by either Google or Palm).

Grab WebOS Quick Install, go to Receive File, and paste in "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" (minus the quotes). Save that file to your computer, do whatever you gotta do on your Pre, and then use the Send File feature in WebOS Quick Install to put the PalmDatabase.db3 back in the same spot.
  8.    #8  
    Saving the whole database sounds very good Ill copy it as another backup thanks so much
    hey I'm just trying to help man lol ...________
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  10.    #10  
    I guess he just wanted to make me listen up so i see his post BEFORE i do loose my stuff just in case your method doesnt work that well Shadiva. I really thank you for every experience or idea. All the ideas together will help me understand the porcedure and how to make sure I can do the things as i like to do them and under those terms mentioned that id like to keep SMS
    just remember if you do it that way you will need to extract that file and delet the old file everytime you change something on your phone in order to save the most recent changes . Got it?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Just for future reference, everything but call logs and texts (yes Notes and Tasks work now) are backed up as of 1.3.1 and /media/internal no longer gets wiped by WebOS Doctor.