1.    #1  
    and why, I see people always offering a webdoc like candy to every problem. Which does solve the issue, but I do believe its a last resort solution.

for example a computer has a virus, do I reinstall windows or do a virus scan?

also I have never webdoc my pre, I have had synch and theme issues my solution a lil uninstall and shutdown has worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    and why, I see people always offering a webdoc like candy to every problem. Which does solve the issue, but I do believe its a last resort solution.

also I have never webdoc my pre, I have had synch and theme issues my solution a lil uninstall and shutdown has worked.
    I have done it once, because patches were getting confused between preware and WOSQI. Doctoring is the last resort, it is also the easiest if you have everything properly backed up.

I always suggest, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall first. Then followed by EPR, which is followed by WebOS Repair Utility. If all else fails, turn to the good doctor.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I web doctored my Palm Pixi once, right after I did an OS upgrade without removing all the patches I'd installed. It actually went very smoothly.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I have never used it myself.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Once by mistake.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    Honestly? ... I'm most likely to reinstall Windows. It only takes about 30 minutes, and then you know that everything is safe and working correctly.

My feelings are exactly the same for the Pre / webOS Doctor.
    way too many times i agree its like windows when you reformat it is like a cool breeze on a hot summer day. or like crack im not sure but i do it alot
    The only time I ever had to resort to any of the repair options (like Complex, due to PreWare and WebOS QI confusing patches), WebOS Repair Utility was able to get my Pre back to normal.

Recently I had severe problem with my phone, and the steps Sprint tech support walked me through rendered the phone completely useless. I was going to doctor the phone, but was unable to because apparent hardware problems meant the phone was even beyond the Doctor's capabilities.

Still waiting on Asurion to send me my replacement. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I...I always suggest, uninstall, reboot, and reinstall first. Then followed by EPR, which is followed by WebOS Repair Utility. If all else fails, turn to the good doctor.
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig
    Only time I have ever done it was after the 1.3.1 Update because my facebook contact would not sync anymore... It didnt fix the problem though.. Logged into my other FB accnt and it worked so im guessing it wasent the phone..
    Never had to use it yet, I have Preware and patches running, so far so good.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I always do it before an update. It's nice to start with a clean base before adding patches.
    Its VERY simple and takes 15 minutes and cures any issues.

I did it last time cause i had A LOT of patches and things were getting boggy...so figured i'd just start from scratch and so far so good.
    I did it once because I had a bad installation of 1.2 and my Pre wouldn't start up. It was relatively simple to do, but I'd rather not do it if there are other options to fix whatever problem I'm having.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Only had to do it one time, after an update that went horrible wrong.
    1 time!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17.    #17  
    nice response people, the main reason people webdoc is due to patches gone wrong, there are the common malfunctions, but I do say an EPR will solve the issue.
    2 phones 5 times . most of the times because themes don't get completely remove and patches getting confuse between WOSQI and Preware and by the way it happen again.
    I've done it about 15 times. Multiple different phones. Always some issue or another. Right now, none of my email pushes properly (every few hours I have to manually refresh,) and my GPS turns off every 10 minutes or so.
    no 'Thanks'
    Twice, one was for a problem I thought I had.