1.    #1  
    and why, I see people always offering a webdoc like candy to every problem. Which does solve the issue, but I do believe its a last resort solution.

for example a computer has a virues, do I reinstall windows or do a virus scan?
    1 time after the phone crapped out.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Never until one OTA update screwed up my phone and made it act all wonky I think it was 1.0.3. Since then I doctor my phone ever time we get an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    and why, I see people always offering a webdoc like candy to every problem. Which does solve the issue, but I do believe its a last resort solution.

for example a computer has a virues, do I reinstall windows or do a virus scan?
    I see a select handful of people offering the web doctor solution for every problem posted. If not web doctor then web os repair. Your first option should be read until your eyes bleed.
    Me personally I web doctor daily after pulling my pre from it's tin foil envelope I keep in the microwave while I sleep. Big brother is watching and listening.
    I haven't ran the Doctor yet but I have used WebOS Repair Utility.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    josecan: that is a pretty cool signature.

anyways, I have doctored my pre twice. I full erase when their is a new OS update just b/c I like the clean, fresh feeling... Full resetted numerous times...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    I doctor about once a month, after I've messed something up as a typical user. As much as 5 times a day, when "destructively" testing pre-release WebOS versions.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I have yet to doctor but did run the WebOS Repair Utility once to get rid of a troublesome accidental theme install. I wonder sometimes if maybe I should just bite the bullet and doctor it... In the first week or two of having my Pre with 1.1 I tried a few homebrew apps via FileCoaster that crashed my Pre, had problems with the virtual keyboard installing, probably left fragments of the free MyTether I had going in 1.2.1 kicking around when I upgraded to 1.3.1, stuff like that. I still wonder sometimes if the cruft from all of that may be the root of some of the annoying lags and poor battery life I experience from time to time. Yes I know, I'm not the only one to ever wonder about my battery life, but there's also stories of people getting great battery life and it would be nice to be one of them :-) All that said, doctoring my phone just seems like so much work that I've been putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. Maybe when the next version of WebOS comes out...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer