Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    These have been on ebay about a week now. They originally had 10 and have sold 3 and I was wondering if any of you had purchased one? They told me they are unlocked and have the QWERTY keyboard but I'm not too sure. Said they were originally purchased in Hong Kong.

NEW UNLOCKED PALM PRE - eBay (item 180440220900 end time Dec-31-09 18:29:19 PST)
    Judging by the answers to some of the question about GSM bands it is either stock which is unavailable elsewhere - or they're clueless - or a scam....Free postage to anywhere ? I know which I suspect.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm kinda wondering if it's a scam myself. It's a good price but I'm kind of a skeptic...
    i asked the seller about getting the unlock tools but he says he doesnt have it. Even offered to get 2 if he gave me the tools but still a no go.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I asked him 2 days ago what carrier they are branded to and he said no carrier. So i guess they are unbranded and unlocked.

Imight be getting one from him.
    forgive me stupidity but which 3G networks will it work on? At&t?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Here is my question I asked the seller - "On the back left, with the battery removed what is the MODEL ? It will be something like PXXXXXX? Also, do you know if it will work on AT&T "3G" or just G/E?"

Seller's Responce - "Thank you for your inquiry. Our phones are brand new and factory sealed. Therefore, we cannot provide hat information. The Palm Pre will work on 3G and 2G networks.

Regards,"
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    bought one last night. we'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    bought one last night. we'll see
    i hope they work on 3g ive heard they only work on 2g here in the states .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    Yeah I'm kinda wondering if it's a scam myself. It's a good price but I'm kind of a skeptic...
    the reason they can do free shipping is because the prices for electronics over there is far lower than here in the states and the dollar even though its low right now the yen is lower most of the time and they still make alot of money . the exchange rate right now is like 88 yen to 1 usd . the hong kong dollar is like 7.5 to 1 usd ... so you can see how they can afford to give free shipping and a side note is it usually takes at least 2 weeks to get it in the mail .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i hope they work on 3g ive heard they only work on 2g here in the states .
    doesnt matter much. Its for my girl in the Philippines. she doesnt do a lot of data or have a need for a fast one.

ANd i have been stuck with 1xRTT here where I live and i dont mind the speed at all. i think it actually saves more battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    The beauty with Paypal is that they are pretty quick with their refunds if it was a scam...

I got it with 8% instant Live cashback, so it shaved about $44 off the price
    it says it actually ships from Florida so i hope i get it soon
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    it says it actually ships from Florida so i hope i get it soon
    Please let us know the details when you get it!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    The beauty with Paypal is that they are pretty quick with their refunds if it was a scam...

I got it with 8% instant Live cashback, so it shaved about $44 off the price
    How did u get instant cash live cashback? Did u get it yet?
    copy the url of the item... go to bing.com and search for palm pre and hit the link with ebay and 8%cashback on... then paste your url back and you should be able to get the cashback... remember they only give cashback if it is a buy it now item and if you have paypal.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    copy the url of the item... go to bing.com and search for palm pre and hit the link with ebay and 8%cashback on... then paste your url back and you should be able to get the cashback... remember they only give cashback if it is a buy it now item and if you have paypal.
    is it instant? Have u got ur Pre yet?
    let me tell you my exp. mine was a QWERTZ from USA. when it arrives at my home, it had problems.

1. box was opened, the phone is brand new however. response was they had to examine it because it was from Germany.
    2. the imei no. on the box was different with that on the phone.(haven't asked them about this yet becasue the phone itself functions very well)

all in all, the phone is good except the oreo effect, not quite serious, but i would have changed it if i were in America (i am in australia)
    ok i think this is a scam...

Its been a week and i havent had the item.... messaged them, they gave me a DHL tracking # which was invalid.. and this past few days have been haggling with them about it..

Finally asked for a refund today and got it right away from Paypal.

Sucks.

Now I am giftless with CHristmas coming... anyone wanting to point to a nice QWERTY GSM Pre?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I bought one on eBay from these people and I received it via Fedex in four days to Sydney Australia.

BRAND NEW PALM PRE GSM UNLOCKED SMARTPHONE - eBay (item 270503561678 end time Dec-25-09 15:09:21 PST)

It appears to be perfect and I'm very happy.

The only negative is that the Getting Started Guide is in German.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast