Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Palm also needs to find a way to push small updates without going through the supposed "Sprint Testing" phase. OTA updates are pointless if you can't get them to your customers quickly.
    Every carrier requires some sort of testing. Some more stringent than others.

Personally, as someone that expects the phone to work flawlessly each new update that is pushed out, I'd rather there was MORE testing, not less.
    happened to me again, starting to get very annoying
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Every carrier requires some sort of testing. Some more stringent than others.

Personally, as someone that expects the phone to work flawlessly each new update that is pushed out, I'd rather there was MORE testing, not less.
    The update process must be controlled, sure I understand. We pay for these phones, we pay for the service. They are not doing us a favor by fixing these bugs, it's their job.

The fact that we are sitting here, complaining about our phones and that fact that we all know features have been broken with the latest update, and that Palm has said NOTHING to us about it, is horrible. Using WebOS Doctor every time my phone hides a conversation is not an option.

The browser experience in 1.3.1 is unacceptable. I wanted a fix for this weeks ago. It locks up, runs out of memory and has to re-load the page when you switch to card view for 10 seconds and then return to the page.

The question I am asking myself is: Would I like buggy releases (much like the current ones) every two weeks? Or would I like well tested releases every 6 months? Right now we have a middle ground that feels very awkward because the bugs are there and the updates aren't frequent enough to warrant their existence.

The above is just my opinion, don't take it too seriously or anything.
    Not sure if this is redundant but it looks like the hidden text messaging problem has been fixed with 1.3.5. LOVE MY PRE
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just tested this and it appears to have been fixed. I had 7 text conversations that were "hidden" and now they are all appearing in the main screen of my texts.

This was in my Top Ten Fixes Wish List so I am happy tonight!

EDIT: It's still screwed up. And, actually, I'm having new text problems since update.
    Last edited by Claw; 12/28/2009 at 10:14 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12