1.    #1  
    just got off phone with palm.

im so ****ed about how they scammed people. it is unbeleivable how i cant get my info from my palm profile. if i change devices, i lose all my info pretty much.

i cant go thru every day of my calendar for the next 70 years looking for special reminders or events i might have placed. or all my phone numbers and contacts i updated that i will lose.

even if i went to another palm device, i still am screwed.

this is a major issue / scam i beleive. it will be causing me a lot of data loss and time and i beleive they need to pay for this!
    Quit looking for free hand outs.
    Hire a lawyer, file your own suit. Don't join the class or you'll get next to nothing.

Edit: I agree with the posters after me, by the way. Not a scam. Your own dumb fault. Take responsibility. Etc, etc. Use Google people!
    Last edited by andidendel; 12/07/2009 at 08:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    scammed? A major bug is not the same thing as a scam. Geez.
    This is stupid already!!! This is why everything is so ****en expensive people!!! I sync with google and have never lost any data, why is it Palms fault that people fail to educate themselves?
  6.    #6  
    its just very sad. they shouldve included asimple desktop application to sync just like activesync or palm desktop.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I assume this guy has never heard of gmail. I always webdoc before updating and I never lose a thing. Well, besides my Yatz! high scores and that really ****es me off. Can I sue Palm for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenford View Post
    I assume this guy has never heard of gmail. I always webdoc before updating and I never lose a thing. Well, besides my Yatz! high scores and that really ****es me off. Can I sue Palm for that?
    +1 on all of that!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Oh, I definitly want a desktop sync app. I don't like giving everything to google. But calling a big bug a scam is just stupid.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just proves people are out to get money at any chance they have. And this guy won't win any lawsuit he files. Has he lost data yet? NO. Think about it, he can still backup to Google, problem solved. Lesson learned, don't expect to jump on the band wagon and try to ****** Palm Pre over and expect a fat check to be in your mailbox.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    And Palm did jump on the issue once it became apparent. There are workarounds for the moment, and they are getting data off backups to restore for folks.

But it's all a scam. They designed a phone with top-end hardware, a new OS, and a novel interface, just so they could get your money and deliberately lose your profile data. Muahahahhahahahhah!
    Everyone plays the victim and wants everything they can get for nothing ..... lol its just tooo funny gee wiz !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This lawsuit is ridiculous and stupid!!! Grow up & get a life -No wonder prices go so high!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    This lawsuit is ridiculous and stupid!!! Grow up & get a life -No wonder prices go so high!!!
    +99999999999999999^99999999999999999999999999 thank you
    get a fake broken leg cast and a wheelchair and call them and tell them that you fell and broke your leg because they lost all your contacts !! they will believe you , I promise!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's a lesson for Palm. Don't make promises you can't keep. They promised people their info would be backed up with the Palm Profile.

Totally preventable though if they'd just provided a local backup/restore. Or just didn't offer that service in palm profile in the first place and required people use synergy to get that info on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    Just proves people are out to get money at any chance they have. And this guy won't win any lawsuit he files. Has he lost data yet? NO. Think about it, he can still backup to Google, problem solved. Lesson learned, don't expect to jump on the band wagon and try to ****** Palm Pre over and expect a fat check to be in your mailbox.
    I'm sure Palm has some very convincing lawyers over this guy. He has pleanty of options to back up with, and it's his own fault for not seeking any secondary measures.
    I worked for a major computer company and told people when we would have to format that they needed to back up their stuff. But for those who had lost it they could try a recovery service @ a discount.

all in all people are responsible for their data.

I hate this whole society that thinks they are entitled to something. Its one less on I am trying to not teach my kids.
    .... Thread Closed....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com