1.    #1  
    Every call I am on whether I place it or it is incoming I end up with a situation where the earpiece just goes dead...completly no sound at all. The call is still continuing according to the display on the phone but I can't hear them and they can't hear me....this happens every single call sometimes 10 seconds in and sometimes 3 minutes....any ideas? I have rebooted more than once.

I have had a problem placing calls. 3 out of 5 calls just sit on the connecting screen and never connect. I have to stop and re initiate the call.

I am on my 3rd pre and my wife on her 2nd....it is starting to get real old!!!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it's possible that you are getting stuck in the headset mode. Next time it happens check the earpiece/speakerphone button to see if it looks like a headset.

If it does .. good luck.

There are a couple threads that offer advice on how to try to correct it.
    I ended up taking my phone in for this (among a couple other things) and they replaced it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by futilemonkey View Post
    Every call I am on whether I place it or it is incoming I end up with a situation where the earpiece just goes dead...completly no sound at all. The call is still continuing according to the display on the phone but I can't hear them and they can't hear me....this happens every single call sometimes 10 seconds in and sometimes 3 minutes....any ideas? I have rebooted more than once.

I have had a problem placing calls. 3 out of 5 calls just sit on the connecting screen and never connect. I have to stop and re initiate the call.

I am on my 3rd pre and my wife on her 2nd....it is starting to get real old!!!
    turn on your music player and plug in heaqdset so you can hear some music for a min. or two. then turn off music and unplug headset and reboot phone and then try phone again. just remember if you unplug while talking or using the phone or playing music or whatever it will get stuck in headset mode . so always try to turn off music or hang up calls before unplugging headset . of course it happens sometimes without unplugging while using as well. anyways let me know if it works for you please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->