1.    #1  
    Ok. I have been extremely satisfied with my pre aside from a few small things that bug me.
    Like this:

When my phone screen is locked and off and I receive a text message, the screen lights up for a very short amount of time. By the time I grab my phone I have to press the power button, then unlock the screen to view my message.

95% of the time when I hear the text alert and grab my phone, the second I get it in my hand the screen turns off, and I have to make that extra step to hit the power button, then slide the icon to unlock the screen.

If there was a menu, tweak, hack, patch, or whatever to extend the length the screen will stay illuminated when receiving messages, it would save me from getting so frustrated everyday . Countless times I would be laying in my bed and get a message and see the screen shut of as soon as I get the phone in my hand everytime.
    All I need is literally 1 extra second for the screen to stay on so I can slide the lock icon.

Can anyone help me out?
    My pre sits on a touchstone when at home. I have preware on my pre and added the patch where I set the screen to never turn off, that way, when it is on the touchstone my screen is always on.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My pre sits on a touchstone when at home. I have preware on my pre and added the patch where I set the screen to never turn off, that way, when it is on the touchstone my screen is always on.
    Sorry, I dont have a touchstone and this problem bothers me when I am not near a power source.
    I agree. There are times when I will just wait for the "text preview" notification to appear and the screen will turn off before it appears or I only get a glimpse of the text. I'd prefer to extend the length by at least a few seconds.

I also like to see the text preview in order to see who its by in times where I'm driving and don't feel like picking up the phone to check.

Small inconvenience.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I looked on preware, but maybe I missing it, but is there a patch that does away with the slide lock? It would be nice to just to tap the power button to get the home screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I looked on preware, but maybe I missing it, but is there a patch that does away with the slide lock? It would be nice to just to tap the power button to get the home screen.
    Exactly!
    That would be great too. I am going to look to see if I find something like that.