1.    #1  
    Is there anything I need to know to make this work? If I flash the Bell firmware on to the device will they activate it for me?

Thanks!
    tim
    Bell doesn't allow foreign devices on its CDMA network.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Ooh. So there's no way to take a Sprint Pre across the border to Canada with me? I'm moving next month. What a pain!

thanks,
    tim
    I would try it. I mean, what the hell. Same HW. Just flash the Bell image on it, then call them and tell them that you want to activate the phone and give them the serial number. You don't have to buy a phone from them (meaning you can buy it from a friend or whatever). So, just play ignorant and see if it works. Worst case you could flash it with Bell, then take it into a store and say you have no idea why it's not working...
    Oh - and then if it works, don't forget to keep the Sprint WebOSDoctor image to get your Sprint Nav back on it!
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Activating a Non Bell Phone On Bell Mobility's Network

Hence no point trying. "Sprint sells the same one" has already been covered. Even if you find someone, see this:

Also some dealers and/or agents have sometimes tricked the system to activate a non Bell phone. Remember that this is considered a breach of the terms of service (contract) and that Bell could close your account without notice and apply the penalty charges according to whatever contract you have.
    Hence you're better of selling your Pre and buying another one. Preferably the Mexican version and a Rebel SIM, then you can use all 3 networks here.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here