Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    starting school Jan 20th and school has an windows live email setup. I went to add email account and it said it cannot "automaticly add this account" It looks like the email uses MS outlook so not sure how else to get this to work... Any ideas on where to start?

I got it to kinda work (will not send or receive but messenger works) on the treo 800w but nothing on the pre yet...
    I never used my school's email. But had it autoforwarded to a gmail account. Maybe you have that option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    starting school Jan 20th and school has an windows live email setup. I went to add email account and it said it cannot "automaticly add this account" It looks like the email uses MS outlook so not sure how else to get this to work... Any ideas on where to start?

I got it to kinda work (will not send or receive but messenger works) on the treo 800w but nothing on the pre yet...
    Does the school offer information on how to connect to the mail servers using standard email clients?

For instance, do they offer server connection information for IMAP or POP3 settings?
    Yeah what is the school's name. It will have information posted about the server details.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I'll have to check it out once I get home (just registered), but the email is xxx@student.CCCS.edu if theat helps, if not then I will post back once i have more info...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    I'll have to check it out once I get home (just registered), but the email is xxx@student.CCCS.edu if theat helps, if not then I will post back once i have more info...
    It sounds like your school is using an exchange setup.

So try setting up your email on your pre with an exchange account (EAS). Give your school tech support to get the following information.

Incoming mail server; username; domain. You should know your password.

The pre should be able to set everything else up. User name can be either everything before the "@" or it could be the whole email address.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    It sounds like your school is using an exchange setup.
    I think that's incorrect. It appears to me that they're using a 100% web based solution:

See this link:
    Colorado Community Colleges

...student email based on the Microsoft Hotmail interface that includes such amenities ...
    Robdmau
    My recommendation would be use an external account, and have your school email forward to it. If you don't have an external account, get a GMail account (you may choose to do that anway, so you have the calendaring function).
    My school also uses the windows live skin for its mail server. I am able to receive email, but I never bothered with sending. Here are the settings I used:

mail type: POP

incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
    Username: your entire email address (name@school.edu)
    password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port # 995

Outgoing (doesn't work, but here is what I have anyway)
    Outgoing: smtp.live.vom
    Use Authentication: On
    Username: your entire email address (name@school.edu)
    password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port # 587

try this and see if it works

---dcross9818