1.    #1  
    This morning I found out that website owners can specify an image to be used for iPhone launcher bookmarks. Much like how they can specify a favicon in the HTML, they can also have a larger iPhone specific icon.

The "Forums" and Perez Hilton icons are a rough example of what I'm talking about.

Getting them on your Pre is a little more involved that just clicking Add to Launcher, but for those interested, here's how you do it.

Go to the page you're interested in on your computer and click view source. Look for a line containing

link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="URL-IS-HERE"

Copy the URL inside the href.

On your phone, go to the site you want bookmarked, and copy the URL. Next go to the URL your computer pulled from the HTML earlier. Once the bookmark image comes up, THEN hit Add to Launcher. Name it whatever you'd like, adjust the image so it's centered correctly, click URL and paste the actual URL of the site that you copied earlier, and then finally click Add to Launcher.

Yeah it's a bit kludgy, but it works and looks a lot better, in my opinion.
    Can't wait to try it as soon as I post this. Thanks.
    Wow, thanks in advance. I've definitely spent minutes trying to find the "prettiest" part of a website to use as the bookmark lol.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    another way to do it from your phone is to open a separate browser window do a google image search for the iphone icon and then add launcher go the the other page copy the link and paste it in and there ya go