1.    #1  
    did anybody figure out how to do it? hash codes like ##gsm# don't seem to work on a gsm pre so i am not able to follow the instructions from here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    I've also noticed that some apps don't seem to ever get a lock but others do. Obviously the interface is different.
    Hm, I sure hope that it doesn't end up causing incompatibilities further down the line.
    Though it was stated in the Sprint Developers Conference that Palm were going to go back and impliment the HTML5 standard for geolocation as opposed to their own. With any luck, that implimentation should fix the incompatibilies.
    Unless of course, the apps are designed with american use in mind and aren't usable anywhere else in the world... What apps are you talking about exactly?

Oh, and [editsnip] to the OP: I seem to remember reading that the process for Pre was similar to the Treo, perhaps you could look up the way to do it on a GSM Treo? (If there is one >_>)
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Any chance of being able to do this without polluting my Mac with Windows and without using the US hash codes?
    It's unlikely, but as to the Mac/Windows thing, have you heard of Crossover? It's the Mac equivalent of wine on Linux, and works pretty well.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Cheers, but I have Crossover and it's not good with Windows drivers for hardware.