1.    #1  
    Ive been readin up on the themes and i think i want to try it out im just woundering how i uninstall it before a update from palm? Can i install the theme from the Preware? Again how do i uninstall before a wos update? Any help would be great. Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    uninstall through preware. Very simple process, exactly the same as a patch. I don't know if the epr removes themes as well. Enjoy
    Pretty sure EPR doesn't remove themes.
    I just uninstalled the blue theme or whatever it was called. I went into Preware, selected the appropriate option which was installed themes, and then go to uninstall. There will be the 3 confirmation options at the bottom of the screen, choose ok, and Luna will pop up on its own, tap ok, and the theme is restored to the original Palm theme once the Pre is restarted through Luna.

BTW, do you use both Preware and WebOS Quick Install for your tweaking needs? I do, but I'm not sure if I should be messing around with both.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Preware is the best and easiest way to install and uninstall the themes. If a theme by chance should get stuck then I use the quick install program to remove it......but be careful dont use the EPR until u remove the theme or you might end with ony parts of the scripts removed. Most of the patches are explained for both install and removal.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    before any major updates I uninstall in this order...theme...then all patches one at a time.....it is a little time consuming but in that way i'm sure everything is removed properly
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    before any major updates I uninstall in this order...theme...then all patches one at a time.....it is a little time consuming but in that way i'm sure everything is removed properly
    That seems to be the logical order! I just started the whole patch/theme thinkg 2 weeks ago and it's awesome. I just want to be ready for when the next update comes in. I think I am.

Do themes slow down the Pre at all? When I installed the blue theme, my pre was slow as balls. I never did a soft reset though, so I don't know if that could have been the problem, although I doubt it. Bye
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Nope...themes haven't slowed mine at all....and I have changed them frequently.....it could be another issue......I used the "My light blue theme" the most and it has the most extras installed.....no slow downs
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    ...but be careful dont use the EPR until u remove the theme or you might end with ony parts of the scripts removed...
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig