1.    #1  
    i've had the phone since july, and friday night the volume icon just started to appear and not go away from the bottom of the screen. this is a real pain because it prevents me from making phone calls on the phone. whats the point of having a phone if you can't make phone calls on it? i will turn the phone off and then back on, and it will go away for a while and then suddenly appears again - even if i am not even touching the side of the phone. any suggestions? i've taken the battey cover off and used compress air and a piece of paper to clean off the contacts, but that hasn't worked. any other suggestions?
    You must've gotten moisture in your volume contacts. Trying to dry them out or go to your nearest Sprint repair center.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    agreed, this happened to me for the first time 2 weeks ago when i was listening to pandora in the shower. the volume kept toggling up for 2 days then it resolved itself...hopefully yours will correct itself as well!
  4.    #4  
    appreciate the responses, but if it is a moisture problem then i don't know it could happen. the problem first occured friday afterwork. i had made a few trips to the dumpster dropping garbage off. i came in and used the phone for something and suddenly it just started appearing - not even adjusting the volume. its been going on for 3 days now. looks like i will be making a trip to the sprint store tomorrow at lunch.

do i need to go to the store that i bought the phone at or any store?