Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I use "Power Chord" it's a guitar cleaner. Works fine for me, also works on CDs, DVDs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    The more I think about this the more I don't like it. Fine polishing cloth is basically a very very very fine sand paper. Just don't like the idea of rubbing out micro scratches and filling with synthetic compounds.

This is only my opinion ..... this may be a fine fix.....
    So use toothpaste instead. Takes a lot longer though. I've used toothpaste to take out scratches on my watches and my sandisk sansa with very nice results. Bonus, your pre will be minty fresh! I'll probably do this to the pre before putting an invisible shield on it. I've noticed that a clean screen is always slippery and am hoping to address that with the invisible shield.
    I wash my hands... that being said, I'm posting from my work horse Treo 700p because my Pre touch screen took a dump. I'm waiting on the replacement from Sprint. damn this thing is a tank!

Reminds me of how far we've comem but also how far we've strayed. Pre needs a 5 way that's fo sho!
    Use rain X
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Can you buy the Touchstone back cover separately? Are there any third-party retailers online that sell something like it?
    http://store.precentral.net/palm-tou...4A195A5648.htm

You can buy the Touchstone back on it's own. I didn't realize it was different until I got it, but I really like it.
    I just put my Pre in the dish washer when it gets too bad. Comes out clean and lemony fresh!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    ^^ Powerwashing at the car wash works way better. It gets the blemishes off, and also any scratches !

Then just hang a pine tree smelly good on it, and viola!
    Spray Windex on a paper towel, not the phone, to get the oil off.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I just put my Pre in the dish washer when it gets too bad. Comes out clean and lemony fresh!
    Normal mode Power mode or China mode ????? oh and top shelf or bottom shelf...LOL.....
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrex View Post
    Spray Windex on a paper towel, not the phone, to get the oil off.
    NEVER USE WINDEX or any window cleaner on any plastic based covered screen (OLCD or LCD). The ammonia will not only yellow the screen but also break down the plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Normal mode Power mode or China mode ????? oh and top shelf or bottom shelf...LOL.....
    Has to be China. The Pre is delicate. It also need to hide on the top shelf in the corner. The 700p & WX could go on "Pots & Pans" mode in the center of the spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Use rain X
    I'm a big Rain-x fan. Can you give more detail of your experience?
    Visor->650->Pre
    Rain-X is like a liquid wax. It makes it kinda slippery so the oil from your fingers don't rub off on it so much. It still gets prints and smudges from time to time but it cleans extremely easy.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure rainx says not to use it on plastic...
    I just sanded down my fingertips so I no longer have fingerprints! Problem Solved! hahaa I kid i kid
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I accidentally put my Touchstone through the wash (cold water with Zero by Woollite) a week or two after I got it and it's fortunately still been running fine. In my head I keep hearing Edna Mode say "Machine washable dahling, that's a new feature..."
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12