1.    #1  
    Having had countless Windows Mobile devices since WinCE, I've finally had enough. My current TouchPro is OK, but Windows Mob is so awkward to use compared with a 'modern' OS.

I really, really want a Pre, but having done some research there are a three things that I couldn't live without, which mean its a none-starter for me.

1) Google Maps Lattitude
    2) A decent SatNav application for UK (TomTom/CoPilot sort of thing).
    3) Bluetooth File Transfer (maybe not so important)

Please tell me I'm wrong, as I really would love a Pre.

Thanks.
    I was in the same boat you are in now. I was coming off years of WM devices and was afford of the change. I'll tell you right now you might have some growing pains to catch up with Web OS. You must remember that this is a new OS so the apps are just not there yet but I believe in 6 months Web OS will be a fully functional replacement to any WM device. Anyways I'm really impressed with my Palm Pre that I have owned for a month. I like the feeling of a polished OS and how it just works. If you switch over just be a little patient and you will be satisfied especially when palm is releasing updates every month unlike WM new updates every year and half.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Hi,

1) There is a homebrew app called "Longitude", that is a substitute for Google Latitude; however, I really don't know anything about it.
    2) Sprint Navigation provides turn-by-turn navigation - it's pretty great.
    3) No BT file transfer.

Hope that helps - I made the move to the Pre from the Touch Pro. Never regretted it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    2) Sprint Navigation provides turn-by-turn navigation - it's pretty great.
    Sprint Navigation is AWESOME. It's as good as any other mid-level PND on the market...Provided that you have Sprint/live in the US.
    The OP is in the UK...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Sprint is great but the OP needs something for the UK. If any of our over seas members could comment on whether or not O2 provides a navigation app, that would be helpful.

There aren't any third party turn by turn apps but I don't see that lasting forever. In the meantime you could use Google Maps. While not turn by turn voice guided nav, it works.

And bluetooth file transfer? Not at the moment but that would be a limitation in the API's given to developers in the SDK. The functionality will be added eventually but it's absent for the time being.

The Pre has a great USB Drive mode which when coupled with using e-mail as a means of sending files should suite you for the time being.

If you absolutely can't live without those things, you may have to wait until webOS gains those features.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmccall View Post
    Having had countless Windows Mobile devices since WinCE, I've finally had enough. My current TouchPro is OK, but Windows Mob is so awkward to use compared with a 'modern' OS.

I really, really want a Pre, but having done some research there are a three things that I couldn't live without, which mean its a none-starter for me.

1) Google Maps Lattitude
    2) A decent SatNav application for UK (TomTom/CoPilot sort of thing).
    3) Bluetooth File Transfer (maybe not so important)

Please tell me I'm wrong, as I really would love a Pre.

Thanks.
    Loving my Pre but missing my TomTom SatNav feature from my WinMo Treo Pro big time. I'm in Sydney Australia, btw, so no Sprint option here either..........
    The one thing thats really holding me down is no Sling Player yet thats was my favorite app on windows mobile.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Sprint is great but the OP needs something for the UK. If any of our over seas members could comment on whether or not O2 provides a navigation app, that would be helpful.
    there's no navigation app in germany. waiting for tomtom aswell