1.    #1  
    Hi,

I posted this question in the appropriate thread in the Accessories section a while back, but it seems like that thread doesn't get many looks anymore. So, I thought I'd try it here:

1. I've seen the comparison pics with the stock Pre, but I'm wondering how the Pre with extended battery compares in size/form factor with the standard Treo 650/755 etc. Thicker? Bout the same?

2. Is the phone still pocketable? I carry it in the pocket of my uniform pants at work, and jeans pocket at home. Can the bigger phone still be carried comfortably like this?

Thanks for any help!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Here is alink for Youtube video ... this may help:
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I'm sure there will be some response to this. It depends on what you wear. If your clothes aren't skin tight then you can probably still carry it in your pocket. If you tend toward tight pants (skinny jeans ) then probably not.

If you want to know how it fits, take your standard Pre and add about 4mm worth of paper (or part of a post-it pad), rubber-band it to your phone and stick it in your pocket.

I don't have any problems with mine in most pants pockets (front only)
    I always throw my phone in my front pocket to carry (even in jeans) and since using the seido 2600, had no issues with it fitting in my pocked. It really isn't much thicker if you put it side by side with a phone with the regular battery. On its own tho it does seem thicker.
    i bought the giant battery off amazon and returned after 1 week. there are 2 positives, the obvious that the phone lasts longer, and the second is that it made typing on the pre more enjoyable. i couldnt stand how heavy and bulky the phone was however and went back to the original batt. i am however (on my xmas list) going to get the 1350mah batt, as that will give some extra juice without all the negatives of the monster battery. hope that helps, just my two cents.
    Awesome review, I think it just sold me on that battery. Radio and GPS all day? Hell I killed this battery in 3 hours one day.
  7.    #7  
    Cool, thanks for the replies guys. Good idea, rubber banding 4mm worth of business cards or something to the phone.

I floated the xmas gift hint to my wife lol. If I get one I'l post my thoughts!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I do not carry my Pre in my pants pocket. I also bought the Seidio case made for the size of the 2600 battery.

I do carry my wallet in my front right pocket. With the extended back, the Palm Pre is about 2/3 the size of my wallet. it is the same height, and it is about 3/4 or a little more, or the width. I have never had an issue with my wallet in any pants I wear.

I would think you should be fine with what you want to do.

Good Luck,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    Hi,

I posted this question in the appropriate thread in the Accessories section a while back, but it seems like that thread doesn't get many looks anymore. So, I thought I'd try it here:

1. I've seen the comparison pics with the stock Pre, but I'm wondering how the Pre with extended battery compares in size/form factor with the standard Treo 650/755 etc. Thicker? Bout the same?

2. Is the phone still pocketable? I carry it in the pocket of my uniform pants at work, and jeans pocket at home. Can the bigger phone still be carried comfortably like this?

Thanks for any help!
    IMO it is worth the bulk. It still fits in my jean pocket. Yeh I'd prefer it was slimmer, but to get more than 2x the battery life is essential to using this phone.

If I worked at an office desk I'd have a touchstone at work and home and would get away with a smaller battery, but I'm mobile and need the juice. Go the 2600.