Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Or is it something slower? So technically, is the Verizon 3G map that they keep advertising accessible to me as well?
    You do have the ability to allow Data while roaming. I'd assume this would use the Verizon's 3g.

There is a catch however, there's a limit on the amount of data you can roam, with overage fees if you go beyond what is allowed in your contract.

Supposedly Sprint's Unlimited plan restricts on-network data use to 5GB, and 300MB for off-network data use
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    You do have the ability to allow Data while roaming. I'd assume this would use the Verizon's 3g.

There is a catch however, there's a limit on the amount of data you can roam, with overage fees if you go beyond what is allowed in your contract.

Supposedly Sprint's Unlimited plan restricts on-network data use to 5GB, and 300MB for off-network data use
    well yes this is true but they will not bother you if you go over once in a great while . but if they see that you where using an average of like 2 gb then jump up to 5,6 , 7 or 8 gb all of the sudden and stay up there then well expect to be cut off or charged alot of mula lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post

I think that limit is for wireless cards, not phones.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Sprint's data roaming agreement with Verizon is only for 1xRtt, not EVDO. It's been a month or more since I've done any data roaming, but my recollection is that I've only ever gotten a 1X indication while roaming.

I think I read somewhere that Sprint's agreement with some other carrier Alltel allows for EVDO, but Verizon bought Alltel while back, so I have no idea how that might affect things.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...izon-free.html

Hope that helps!

rotello
    yes!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Roaming on verizon = 1x
    Roaming on alltel = EVDO
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gstaff-az.html

the link above is my fix for data roaming. By default it will connect to alltel towers, whichdoesn't even count as roaming (you can use alltel while the pre is set to sprint only as well as roaming enabled but data roaming off). It will also allow you to connect to verizons towers if alltel signal isn't available. This will show up as digital roaming but you still get evdo.

for the 5gb/300mb discussion, you do not get charged for going over. From every instance I have ever seen, if you go over the unlimited limit for 3 consecutive months sprint may call you and inform you to stop going over or they'll disconnect you. As far as personal experience goes, I've downloaded about 200gb throgh evdo in the past 2 months and haven't even gotten a slap on the wrist
    Last edited by Endersama; 12/05/2009 at 11:38 PM.