Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I think it's about time they unveil the Palm Pre 2... and hopefully it will be non-slider.
    lol i doubt that it will be a non-slider. it may be better build but it should be about the same design
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If it is not a slider phone, that would mean a VKeyboard, no thanks, that's one of the main reasons I like the pre.
    honestly... i hope the Pre2 is almost identical to the Pre but with a bigger screen, 5MP camera, harder keyboard buttons (ala pixi) and better better better build quality...

Pre is great as it is, but a little more effort would have made it perfect!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I hope they bring a MAJOR update to WebOS and then talk about a new phone AFTER bringing us what we want on the Pre and Pixi. Like Video and Flash!
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    We need a hardware compass too, so we can run layar!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I hope its the Pre 2 and it has a bigger screen, a bigger battery, and a better build. Im happy with my Pre but it could always be better. Also make the button in the gesture area scroll
    I want a Virtual keyboard with webos. I dont see why they can't have both.
    So anyone think pre2 will show up at CES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    honestly... i hope the Pre2 is almost identical to the Pre but with a bigger screen, 5MP camera, harder keyboard buttons (ala pixi) and better better better build quality...

Pre is great as it is, but a little more effort would have made it perfect!!!
    Yeah, I definitely concur.
    I want a BIGGER pre. Bigger screen, bigger keyboard(blackberry-sized), and a bigger battery.
    Still secretly wanting a WebOS Foleo that can generate some buzz again...
    Quote Originally Posted by mxu030 View Post
    I think it's about time they unveil the Palm Pre 2... and hopefully it will be non-slider.
    They call it a Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by billy from philly View Post
    They call it a Pixi.
    but with wifi please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Any answer to the original question?

Will they bring anything to CES2010?
    There's not much they can do specs-wise really. I expect a Pre 1.5, not a Pre 2.

Maybe a bigger battery, more MP camera, magnetometer/compass, and more flash memory. But at this point they can't get a better CPU than what they have now... maybe a slight clock bump or die shrink, but that's about it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last edited by the_tate; 11/28/2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Leaving
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Still secretly wanting a WebOS Foleo that can generate some buzz again...
    Interesting!!! +1
    The thing I wish Palm would premier at CES2010?

A NEW AD AGENCY!

Good lord, I thought the Pre ads couldn't get worse, but the Pixi ads have trumped their older sibling's.

C'mon Palm! If YOU can't think of a reason why folks should pick either the Pre or the Pixi, why should others?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I wouldn't mind seeing a bumped up Pre 2. At least 16 gigs of storage, bigger screen, snapdragon processor??
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tate View Post
    If Palm does unveil a new device, it'll have to be something REALLY game changing for me to even consider coming back. I just dumped my Pre and all my accessories in favor of the Hero. I'm so disgusted with Palm's lack of effort to improve or even "fix" the existing Pre that I HIGHLY doubt I'll ever purchase one of their products again. The Android forums are littered with posts from people who also eagerly ditched their Pre's and migrated to the Hero or Droid, so I know I'm not the only that feels completely letdown by Palm.

- Tate
    And the android forums are also littered with the same types of complaints as you see here, and people saying they're coming back the Pre.

Every smartphone has its faults. IMO with Android fracture (how many versions are floating around now? 3?) and the fact that so far Palm has appeared to try to keep webOS on all platforms (as much as you can with carriers being involved) on the same version that you will see a much better experience on a webOS device than you will on the hero's and eris'es, especially when it comes to updates and fixes.

You weren't happy with webOS. We get that. However a lot of people are, and even the switchers to android will admit that they miss webOS.

(sorry for feeding the troll)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast