Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    So when i go into my launcher, then go into the Help tab, its a 404 error that states "You may have selected an outdated link or may have typed the page address (URL) incorrectly."

On my brothers phone, it works
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Any help?
    I un-installed the IPhone Spoof patch, (change-user-agent-2.2). Apparently this patch works so well, the Palm Support Web site, doesn't recognize phone as a PRE, and cause 404 error. I re-installed the patch, because correct size text on web pages is more important than help for me.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosb3541 View Post
    I un-installed the IPhone Spoof patch, (change-user-agent-2.2). Apparently this patch works so well, the Palm Support Web site, doesn't recognize phone as a PRE, and cause 404 error. I re-installed the patch, because correct size text on web pages is more important than help for me.
    Makes sense, thanks!
    Thanks for the explanation! I just noticed this problem recently (a few months after installing the patch). That tells you how much I use the Help app!

For me, the iphone patch is here to stay.
    I don't have the user-type spoof patch installed and yet I, too, get a 404 error when using the 'Help' tab. I do, however, have 47 patches, 54 apps, and 14 other tweaks installed. Any chance that something else is causing the broken link?
    Do you have the ad blocking patch installed?
    As mentioned the iphone patch and the ad blocking patch are the two known causes of the help app working not to say that there might not be others.

I can state at this time there have been no reports of the help content being unavailable.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I need to check if the ad-blocker patch is installed, too. I didn't notice this also being causal... Sorry! Thanx for reply: I just noticed how old this thread is... <loads Preware...>
    Quote Originally Posted by l0c0b0b View Post
    I need to check if the ad-blocker patch is installed, too. I didn't notice this also being causal... Sorry! Thanx for reply: I just noticed how old this thread is... <loads Preware...>
    Yep, once removed restart your phone (not Luna) and it should be good.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I had the iiphone spoof and lost Help. Uninstalled it and still no Help. I've done any number and varieties of restarts, for various reasons, and still no Help. I downloaded the PDF to my PC. Not a peerfect solution, but not willing to dr just yet. (There's a utility - can't remember the name off-hand - that sounds like it does a targeted dr - finding only messed up files, if I'm understanding it right. Think that would help?)

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I had the iiphone spoof and lost Help. Uninstalled it and still no Help. I've done any number and varieties of restarts, for various reasons, and still no Help. I downloaded the PDF to my PC. Not a peerfect solution, but not willing to dr just yet. (There's a utility - can't remember the name off-hand - that sounds like it does a targeted dr - finding only messed up files, if I'm understanding it right. Think that would help?)
    As mentioned above... that patch is just one of the culprits. Did you check to see if you have the ad-blocker patch installed also? If so, uninstall it and restart.

The utility you are thinking of is the Repair Utility. If you find that you don't have either of the above patches installed, then the Repair Utility is an easy option to run and check your device files.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As mentioned above... that patch is just one of the culprits. Did you check to see if you have the ad-blocker patch installed also? If so, uninstall it and restart.

The utility you are thinking of is the Repair Utility. If you find that you don't have either of the above patches installed, then the Repair Utility is an easy option to run and check your device files.
    OK, thanks, because I double-checked and I don't have Ad Blocker.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton