Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I donated to the mytether website and now I can't log onto the site. Does anyone know if it's down. I wasn't able to download the app either. Does anyone have the free version they can send me, or link me to where to get it. As long as it isn't the mytether site because it seems to be down.
    Last edited by Ski21; 12/05/2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The website is up now. I was able to download everything I need to get my tether working I hope. Now just have to wait until monday to get my phone. Can't wait.
    I also donated to My Tether and am desperately trying to get it to work again since the WebOS update.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Rey, so mytether doesn't work with the new WebOS? That sucks. I don't even have my pre yet. Tethering is a big thing for me. I really hope it still works, if not I guess I'll have to get rid of the pre before I even get it hehe
    Mytether works but just not with wifi on 1.3.1. Well technically it does but you have to enable a patch that disables your camera. I don't consider that a working solution. The developer is working on it and will get it fixed but in the meantime I would consider it a USB only solution for now.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    That's great to here then. I only tether thru usb for the fastest speeds anyway, plus keeps the phone charged. Now I'm back to being excited about the pre again.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I recommend sticking with Web OS 1.2.1 if you want to use WiFi tethering. It works great. If you go back to Web OS 1.2.1 (You can use WebOS Doctor) you can prevent your Pre from updating with this script that someone posted:

Here is a quick and dirty way to block webOS updates:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Then, either reboot or execute:

killall UpdateDaemon

No more executing the update program.
    Re-Enable Updates

If you disablled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    If I only tether thru usb should I disable updates. I haven't gotten the phone yet so what would u recommend. Wifi tether isn't a big deal too me, usb tethering is. If usb tethering works with the current update then I'm fine with that. If not then I'll have to prevent it from updating. I'm wondering if the pre will come with the newest update on it?
    I am sticking with 1.2.1 and the above script to prevent updating works just fine.

At this point, until I see a REAL reason to upgrade I wont. Im delighted with my Pre, it does almost everything I want it to do, Video would be nice, but not a huge huge deal for me.

I LOVE my tether and feel the minimal donation very worthwhile. I have paid way more for other software items that were not even CLOSE in function for value to MyTether.

I need it to have the wifi tether so 2 computers can share it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Premium how do I put that script on the phone. Do u have the link to the original post?
    If you just want USB tethering then you are fine updating to 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    If you just want USB tethering then you are fine updating to 1.3.1
    Quick question, do have to have the above software to tether USB? The reason I am asking, I was working in Vegas and the hotel I was staying at wanted 14.95 a day to use theire internet.
    Any way to tether without rooting phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Any way to tether without rooting phone?
    There was a free version of my tether (no rooting, just install the ipk) but that broke when 1.3.1 came out. Im still looking to see if a new version of the freeetether comes out.
    Thank you.. I will just keep watching here....
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Bluetooth Tethering is available as well don't forget.
    Wifi works great on 1.3.1. The new version of tether has a patch that installs to circumvent changes in 1.3.1. The camera is temporarily disabled when you launch mytether and removed when re-launched. Somewhat of an inconvenience but not nearly as much as another $50 per month for an aircard. Thumbs up to the developer.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have the mytether and it stopped working when the 1.3.1 came in, i installed the required patch to run it this week and now the camera has not worked since, even removed all patches and myteather app and still dont work. does anyone have anyideas to get the cameras back on?
    This is the reason that I'm so leary of messing with rooting and such.
    When you exited MyTether, did you toggle the app to "off" first? And if you did, did you get the popup to patch the camera back in before you shut the app down?

If not, maybe reinstall and exit as above?

Quote Originally Posted by meekrol View Post
    I have the mytether and it stopped working when the 1.3.1 came in, i installed the required patch to run it this week and now the camera has not worked since, even removed all patches and myteather app and still dont work. does anyone have anyideas to get the cameras back on?
    I ♥ my Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast