Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When trying to surf on BBS, I actually need to open different threads in backgound in new cards. It can help save time.

So i am thinking is it difficult that:
    by tapping "the gesture area + link" in the web page, so that we can open new web pages in background.
    Use gesture area instead of keyboard because at most time, surfing web is using landscape.

Is it possible? I think it is very useful.
    Good idea, but I would post this in the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/ section. Make sure you follow the guidelines for requesting a patch.

There is a current patch that allows you to open links in a new card with a gesture + link combination, but there isn't any functionality for opening it in the background.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Where are the guidelines for requesting a patch? I don't see it in that forum.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I agree this would be helpful. Also we have a gesture area, I would like to see more apps use it for more than simple back/forward. Gesture Tapping a link should bring up the context menu, not orange tap.

I loved the email app when they added gesture shortcuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Where are the guidelines for requesting a patch? I don't see it in that forum.
    Hmm... seems like they didn't put them for some reason I guess I was mistaken. The general rules are to put [Patch Request] in your title, be as descriptive as possible, and have a corresponding title to the requested patches functionality.

Like this one would be "[Patch Request] Gesture + Click, Open in New in Background"

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Good idea, but I would post this in the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/ section. Make sure you follow the guidelines for requesting a patch.

There is a current patch that allows you to open links in a new card with a gesture + link combination, but there isn't any functionality for opening it in the background.
    Ok, I will post there. Thanks.