Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm from Denmark and have invested in a QWERTZ Unlocked GSM Pre. Nice phone, and it's updated to 1.3.1 nice so far But the lack of needed apps is p*ssing me off. Now that Palm have locked out all of us Pre owners from non authirized Pre coumtries we cannot make use of the App Catalog But I want and need apps for Twitter etc. But how do I install these on my 1.3.1 GSM Pre? I read about Preware and homebrew apps. But are they compatible with the 1.3.1 GSM Pre? How do I install them? Please help me out. Without installable apps this phone will be ditched quickly by me. It's a really nice phone else. But I need apps. Please help me. My phone company is TDC in Denmark, and network/data works gtreat Cheers, RasmusJV Denmark.
    wow
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I was hesitant at first as well about installing Preware, but now I'm so glad I did! Easy to use, lots of apps and great patches to improve your phone with. I haven't had any problems yet, but I must say I stay away from apps that are still in alpha or I read a lot of complaints about.

It is easy to install, just put your phone in developer mode (described on page), hook your PrPrPr $up$ $to$ $the$ $USB$ $cable$, $run$ $the$ $downloaded$ $file$ ($link$ $on$ $Preware$ $website$, $see$ $below$). $It$ $only$ $takes$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $seconds$ $and$ $the$ $application$ $is$ $on$ $your$ $phone$. $Take$ $your$ $phone$ $out$ $of$ $developer$ $mode$ $just$ $to$ $be$ $safe$. $You$ $now$ $have$ $Preware$ $on$ $your$ $phone$ $and$ $can$ $install$, $update$ $and$ $delete$ $anything$ $from$ $there$.

There are a lot of posts and guides on how to install Preware, I did it this way:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    (You do not need to access the Linux command line or "root your Pre" to install or use Preware. You can use one of the stand-alone Preware Installers at Index of / to install Preware. )

Enjoy!
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Cli UX50 - T|x - Pr - Pr 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks, lovely answer!!

- RasmusJV
    wow
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    wow
    What do you mean, please be a little more specific.

- RasmusJV
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    More than likely whining that you havent searched the forums. Dont worry about it
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Ok. Man I'm just so frustrated after calling Palm in Scandinavia and they told me that this was new practice And that we should not see any fix for this anytime soon I'm just so ****ed that I payed XX$ for a phone that just turns out to be nothing more than a Hero without any Sense. This just doesn't make any "sense" to me

- RasmusJV