Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hello all. I have been searching for over an hour now and I cannot seem to find out if this is a know issue within 1.3.1 or not, but I am trying to set up a second Exchange EAS account on my Pre (one for work and one for personal). I know the settings I am using are correct, but when I try and set this up, I get the following error message: Unable to validate incoming mail server Check the settings and try again.

I saw several people had this issue back with 1.2 but I am running 1.3.1. Like I said, I really did try and search this issue.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Oh and I am using GoDaddy's Hosted Exchange and according to them, it works just fine: Using Your Palm Pre with Hosted Exchange - GoDaddy Help Center, Search the GoDaddy Knowledge Base

Thanks - Erik
    Last edited by edwelly; 12/06/2009 at 07:08 PM.
    i dont have an anwser but maybe a suggestion, sincve you know one of them works, remove it a verify the other works as well, then try adding in the second account.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. Just tried that and it didn't work... Good idea though!
    Make sure to use the full email address for the username. Also make sure there's a https:// in the server name (one of pictures in the instructions seems to be missing it)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    @greenoyster - I have entered in everything just like you said in your post and still not working correctly. Very frustrated...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Still having problems. Deciding on where to just wipe it completely clean and start over completely.

Question: What exactly does this even mean - Unable to validate incoming mail server. Check the settings and try again.
    I would assume it to mean it either cant find it or authenticate to it. is it possible its using a non-standard port for incomming email?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    RESOLVED: when I setup my Exchange server, I went thru Godaddy and used their Hosted Exchange. However, I didn't sign up for the Hosted Exchange WITH MOBILE. I called and spoke with Godaddy who added this feature for me and within 10 minutes, I was working PERFECTLY!!! Whew... glad that is over and I am very happy with me Pre!!!