Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There three major problems with the phone app.

1) You can't hang up a call with 1 tap. You have to tap several times before the phone hangs up.

2) The time for the phone app to end a call from tapping to hang up and the actual call hanging up is too long.

3) When you are talking on two lines and switching between, there is no option to hang up one line and continue with the other. Even if the party on the other line hangs up, the phone still shows that the line is on. This is a huge bug. Right now, the option is to end all calls. There should be an option to hang up individual line that is active. Once the call ends, the call that is on hold should automatically become active.

These phone app flaws need to be addressed in the next update.
    Not to mention dialr lag in general. This is a big problem for folks like me who use Google Voice, since you need to press 1 to answer the call. If the dialer's not already open, it takes up to 5 seconds to register a keypress. Awful. I miss calls all the time.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure #3 is a sprint problem... But I do agree the overall app needs to be tweaked
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Complaint #3 is not Palm's fault. The conference/call waiting hang up all behavior is indicative of CDMA networks in the US. There is nothing Palm or any other phone maker can do about that.

Do a search on here and you will see how it is supposed to work.
    Phone apps sucks! Way to slow and ditto what rentboy said...are you listening Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    There three major problems with the phone app.

1) You can't hang up a call with 1 tap. You have to tap several times before the phone hangs up.

2) The time for the phone app to end a call from tapping to hang up and the actual call hanging up is too long.

3) When you are talking on two lines and switching between, there is no option to hang up one line and continue with the other. Even if the party on the other line hangs up, the phone still shows that the line is on. This is a huge bug. Right now, the option is to end all calls. There should be an option to hang up individual line that is active. Once the call ends, the call that is on hold should automatically become active.

These phone app flaws need to be addressed in the next update.
    1)huh?

2)huh?

3)CDMA problem. same thing when I was on Verizon.
    UMM as for #3, if you came from the Centro, you learned how to handle this.

If you are on a call, and get a CW, then pick up the 2nd call, you can switch back and forth between them. When you want to end one of the calls, just make sure that is the active one, and hit the hang up button.

Wait about 5 seconds and your phone will ring back and your first caller will be there.

The only little wierd thing about this is, IF your callers dont know about this, your first caller will hear a ringing tone, and may think the call ended. Everyone I call is aware of this and just waits the few seconds, and I pick them right back up.

I agree it is a bit annoying, but certainly not the end of the world. This drove me a lil crazy on my Centro before I READ THE MANUAL and it explained it
    That just is so lame that we have to do that though, Ive used LOTS of CDMA2000 phones & its not like this on THEM!
    Yeah, I've read about this time and again and, honestly, it's the biggest issue, IMHO. I see so many other more prevalent complaints, but I haven't been able to understand why this isn't higher on most of the wish lists I've seen. Not to trivialize anyone else's feelings about missing functionality, but this MUST be addressed sooner than any other "flaw." A smartphone must be able to perform as a phone.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    1) Works ok for me
    2) Yes, it does take quite a few seconds - good point!
    3) Ok here in the UK must be CDMA problem as noted by other posters
    1) Mine works fine. One tap and I'm done.

2) There's a patch for this and it's much quicker behavior (patch to close dialer after call ends)

3) Seriously? Do a little research. This is a CDMA network limitation (Verizon and Sprint are CDMA networks) Sprint nor Palm can do nothing about this.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I know this thread is old, but seriously - the phone app is the WORST. And 1.4 did NOTHING to help us. I can rarely hang up my phone when I want to. The 'end call' button rarely works. So I just have to wait for the other person to hang up, which isn't always convenient (like when you're on the phone with a machine).

Speed dial sucks, too. You shouldn't have to hold down a button for some random amount of time. You should be able to press the number and then 'call' or 'enter'.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I know this is a weird fix... but if your phone application is slow/sluggish, Open your call history screen and clear the history. For some reason, if you don't do this every so often, it really causes the phone app (and the phone in general) to get sluggish.

Perhaps that will help if you hadn't already tried it. I know it isn't a fix per say, but it does help.
    I must admit #3 is a pain in the **** and I see where people are saying this is a CDMA issue and not a Palm issue...but I don't recall ever having this problem with my 755p. It gave me an option to switch between calls, if memory serves me correctly. I do find it quite surprising that I don't have that option on my Pre Plus. FYI: my 755p was with the former Alltel
    You can switch between calls but to hang up, you must hang up all parties. That's the CDMA limitation. This has nothing to do with the Pre or any other Sprint/Verizon phone. GSM networks are different.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Complaint #3 is not Palm's fault. The conference/call waiting hang up all behavior is indicative of CDMA networks in the US. There is nothing Palm or any other phone maker can do about that.

Do a search on here and you will see how it is supposed to work.

Agreed... completely a limitation of the CDMA network and has been discussed on several threads.

But there is a bug to how the Pre handles the calls. When one of the other parties hangs up, that line is supposed to release completely after a short time. For some reason the Pre keeps that line attached even though the call has been terminated. You may not be able to hang up on one of the parties from your end during a conference call because of CDMA limitations, but the device is supposed to see one of the parties has disconnected and reflect that in the application. Palm does need to include this in their next fix. I don't like having 3-way calls and not knowing if the 3rd party has actually hung up or not.
  17. pdj
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Clearing history sped up the phone to where i'm not tempted to tap multiple times.
    1 and 2 ,guess I'm lucky,mine is fine. Press once to hang up.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I've got a better one. This happened to me the other day and I'm still fuming about it. Its happened again. I'm spreading the word about the Palm Pre.

[16:52] < echto> I had another issue making a call with the Pre. I thought my
    PSP battery was dead and after looking at the mall and Target, I
    thought I would give BatteriesPlus a call.
    [16:52] < echto> I tapped on the phone icon and I got a black screen with a
    banner at the top stating I had one voicemail.
    [16:53] < echto> No number pad, nothing.
    [16:53] < echto> I kept getting the same screen no matter how many times I
    closed and re-opened the phone app.
    [16:54] < echto> Since Verizon is targeting Mom's in their commercials for the
    Palm Pre+, lets apply this bug to a Mom.
    [16:55] < wes> I just learned that I went to the same concert as one of my
    coworkers... 13 years ago.
    [16:56] < echto> John Chase is fresh out of prison and is high on crack and
    breaks into Mom's house while she is putting the kids to bed. She has
    her cell phone in her pocket, grabs the kids, and runs into a closet as
    they hear the maniac quickly stomp up the stairs yelling "I'm going to
    kill you, B*TCH!".
    [16:56] < echto> She presses the phone app and gets a blank screen with no
    number pad.
    [16:57] < echto> Nice to know Palm devices can save lives.
    [16:57] < echto> wes - intresting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    ... I do find it quite surprising that I don't have that option on my Pre Plus. FYI: my 755p was with the former Alltel
    yep, you could swith between but only hang up both. The feature I really miss is 'ignore with text' so I could tell the caller I a, on the phone and I will call them back. It takes way more keystrokes to do that now. Oh well, at least 3way callling and extended digits are easier...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast