Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep, you could swith between but only hang up both. The feature I really miss is 'ignore with text' so I could tell the caller I a, on the phone and I will call them back. It takes way more keystrokes to do that now. Oh well, at least 3way callling and extended digits are easier...
    Yes, I miss this as well! I think the issue (or nonissue) with the 755p was that when you switched between calls and ended a the conversation with one of the callers, when they hung up you went immediately back to your other caller instead of having a screen stall forcing you to hang up because you seemingly have no other option.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    I've got a better one. This happened to me the other day and I'm still fuming about it. Its happened again. I'm spreading the word about the Palm Pre.

[16:52] < echto> I had another issue making a call with the Pre. I thought my
    PSP battery was dead and after looking at the mall and Target, I
    thought I would give BatteriesPlus a call.
    [16:52] < echto> I tapped on the phone icon and I got a black screen with a
    banner at the top stating I had one voicemail.
    [16:53] < echto> No number pad, nothing.
    [16:53] < echto> I kept getting the same screen no matter how many times I
    closed and re-opened the phone app.
    [16:54] < echto> Since Verizon is targeting Mom's in their commercials for the
    Palm Pre+, lets apply this bug to a Mom.
    [16:55] < wes> I just learned that I went to the same concert as one of my
    coworkers... 13 years ago.
    [16:56] < echto> John Chase is fresh out of prison and is high on crack and
    breaks into Mom's house while she is putting the kids to bed. She has
    her cell phone in her pocket, grabs the kids, and runs into a closet as
    they hear the maniac quickly stomp up the stairs yelling "I'm going to
    kill you, B*TCH!".
    [16:56] < echto> She presses the phone app and gets a blank screen with no
    number pad.
    [16:57] < echto> Nice to know Palm devices can save lives.
    [16:57] < echto> wes - intresting.

The video of the bug I encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I must admit #3 is a pain in the **** and I see where people are saying this is a CDMA issue and not a Palm issue...but I don't recall ever having this problem with my 755p. It gave me an option to switch between calls, if memory serves me correctly. I do find it quite surprising that I don't have that option on my Pre Plus. FYI: my 755p was with the former Alltel
    I ALWAYS had this problem with my Sprint 755P..

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Speed dial sucks, too. You shouldn't have to hold down a button for some random amount of time. You should be able to press the number and then 'call' or 'enter'.
    Um... you can do exactly that. Or was that sarcastic and I totally missed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I know this is a weird fix... but if your phone application is slow/sluggish, Open your call history screen and clear the history. For some reason, if you don't do this every so often, it really causes the phone app (and the phone in general) to get sluggish.

Perhaps that will help if you hadn't already tried it. I know it isn't a fix per say, but it does help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdj View Post
    Clearing history sped up the phone to where i'm not tempted to tap multiple times.
    Unfortunately for anyone who relies on their phone log, this is not an acceptable alternative.

BTW, I use the Close Slider to End Call Except with Headphone patch and the call seems to end rather quickly when I close the slider whenever I'm NOT using my headphone. I assume if you use the regular version of the patch (the one that always ends the call by closing the slider), it will also end a little quicker. Might want to check it out (and report back here if you do).

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    1 and 2 is not a problem for me either. 3 is a cdma limitation as noted by others. as for complaints about the dialer not loading fast enough, mine is super snappy. i dont even get the splash screen implemented in 1.4
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    All in all the Phone App is WAY better now than it was last summer. It was barely usable then. I think it's come along way and yes it still has a ways to go.
    i'd like the option to edit a number before calling, if if somebody texts me their number in norway, i'd like to be able to add the international dialling code on before dialling. Currently you have to type the number from fresh
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Unfortunately for anyone who relies on their phone log, this is not an acceptable alternative.

ME
    Just as a side note, you can log into Sprint and check your call log there if you really need a number that you cleared on your phone app.

I just cleared my history and will see what turns up. Hopefully I get quicker responses now. We'll see...
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    #1 has always been a big problem for me and I have had two Pres.
    okay... How do I ignore a call. It says 'slide up to answer' but I want to ignore it and move on. And I also want to ignore it with a text message. This was super convenient in palmOS and completely ignored in webOS. Too many steps to text the caller of an incoming call I can't take.

And how about ending a call when I'm somewhere besides the dialer app? I don't think the power button ends a call if you migrate away from the phone app. I really miss PalmOS and dedicated send/end buttons in regards to phone use. Just gets worse when you add in new bugs from 1.4. Tempted to activate my Moment again which is getting pretty efficient with the kernel upgrades and patches along with 2.1 on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    okay... How do I ignore a call. It says 'slide up to answer' but I want to ignore it and move on. And I also want to ignore it with a text message. This was super convenient in palmOS and completely ignored in webOS. Too many steps to text the caller of an incoming call I can't take.

And how about ending a call when I'm somewhere besides the dialer app? I don't think the power button ends a call if you migrate away from the phone app. I really miss PalmOS and dedicated send/end buttons in regards to phone use. Just gets worse when you add in new bugs from 1.4. Tempted to activate my Moment again which is getting pretty efficient with the kernel upgrades and patches along with 2.1 on the horizon.
    I always hit the power button if I want to ignore the call and send it to voicemail. Otherwise hitting a volume button silences the call.
    well what I seem to find is it's different depending on the state of the phone. On BT, touchstone, usb, battery... I get different screens in different situations. Sometimes I get the Answer or ignore with the info in the middle. Sometimes I just get the swipe up to answer. With the pixi on the touchstone I really have to grip the phone to press the power button which is a bit inconvenient while driving. And I just miss the ease of texting someone I can't talk to. It's a royal PITA when you're busy and have to diamiss a call, type in the caller's name and then press sms. Should just be ignore w/msg and start typing a text msg.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I always hit the power button if I want to ignore the call and send it to voicemail. Otherwise hitting a volume button silences the call.
    Hitting the power button once will ignore the call but it will still ring on the other end, hitting it twice will ignore and send the caller to VM.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    my problem is when i make 3 way call and after conferencing the other call in i cant hang up that last call unless i hang up all calls, there is no flash button, sometimes if i get voicemail and want to hang up just that call i end up hanging everybody up..
    I just don't understand why the different incoming call screens. Instead of the green and red or the swipe up, just make the green and red onscreen buttons be swipes. Swipe up the left side to answer, swipe the right ti ignore. Then add a swipe down from the top to ignore with a text msg.
    and the not being able to end individual calls while on w/multiple lines is a cdma limitation that has been explained throughout the thread, similar to the talk and surf limitation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12