Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I literally just got a call from Palm, two weeks after my contacts were deleted, that they might be able to restore my old contacts. The only issue is that I have to do a full restore. Basically I have to save all my information, music, photos, etc. They have to do a full restore, get the contacts back, and then I have re-enter in all my new information, since the contacts were lost.

This is just totally unacceptable, why not call me 1-2 days after my incident, this is literally two weeks later. And they don't know if it is going to be all restored or not. So this is all for a maybe. And worse yet, I refuse to do this, and they said that they can offer me a discount code for accessories. WHAT A JOKE. I like how I lose all my contacts, no fault of my own, and I get what, a 20% discount off of Palm accessories.

How about you guys write down all my contacts, mail it to me, and I will enter it in to google mail. So I don't have to restore anything, I can be sure that nothing gets lost, and it won't be a maybe.

I love the Pre, but after the 4th time I had to replace my phone, and now this, it is becoming a joke.

If the iPhone comes to Sprint, i will throw this phone out in a second.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I literally just got a call from Palm, two weeks after my contacts were deleted, that they might be able to restore my old contacts. The only issue is that I have to do a full restore. Basically I have to save all my information, music, photos, etc. They have to do a full restore, get the contacts back, and then I have re-enter in all my new information, since the contacts were lost.

This is just totally unacceptable, why not call me 1-2 days after my incident, this is literally two weeks later. And they don't know if it is going to be all restored or not. So this is all for a maybe. And worse yet, I refuse to do this, and they said that they can offer me a discount code for accessories. WHAT A JOKE. I like how I lose all my contacts, no fault of my own, and I get what, a 20% discount off of Palm accessories.

How about you guys write down all my contacts, mail it to me, and I will enter it in to google mail. So I don't have to restore anything, I can be sure that nothing gets lost, and it won't be a maybe.

I love the Pre, but after the 4th time I had to replace my phone, and now this, it is becoming a joke.

If the iPhone comes to Sprint, i will throw this phone out in a second.
    They restored mine. Good on them.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, two weeks later, and they don't know if all will be restored, and I am going to have to enter all the new contacts back in and save my data, music, etc.

I am just ****ed that it is two weeks later, plus the fact that this is my 4th Palm Pre, with all the hardware problems.

They aren't Jerks, but it is getting to point that, I rather just not have the Palm Pre and have another phone.

I have spent may 7+ hours total at a sprint store, waiting for them to fix the phone, and telling me that they can't and giving me a refurb. About 1-2 hours waiting at sprint store each time. Plus another 1-2 hours now to restore my phone.
    hey they just offered you a way to get all your old contacts back ,take it or leave it lol its pretty simple .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I left it, but doesn't mean I can't ***** and complain about it.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Yeah, two weeks later, and they don't know if all will be restored, and I am going to have to enter all the new contacts back in and save my data, music, etc.

I am just ****ed that it is two weeks later, plus the fact that this is my 4th Palm Pre, with all the hardware problems.

They aren't Jerks, but it is getting to point that, I rather just not have the Palm Pre and have another phone.

I have spent may 7+ hours total at a sprint store, waiting for them to fix the phone, and telling me that they can't and giving me a refurb. About 1-2 hours waiting at sprint store each time. Plus another 1-2 hours now to restore my phone.
    The hassle is indeed annoying. Maybe you can get some free accessories

Good luck on getting your contacts back.
  7.    #7  
    They offered my a discount on the palm store, I think it was like 20% or so. I don't need any accessories though. I have the touchstone. And what good is a 20% discount on overpriced items, that I can get from somewhere else for cheaper.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    And another hour ranting on the forum. I am sorry that you lost your contacts, but ranting after they offered to help is ridiculous. So you'd rather them never called you?

May be two weeks is too long, but consider that they have made person to person calls, it would take time to go over all customers that had the problem. If I were you, if two week was too long me, I would leave the Pre and find a 100% secure way to save all my contact and move on. Or if I think Pre still worth something, then think about if it worth my time to take the offer to restore. If not, politely decline and then move on. Or take the time prepare and get my contact back and move on.

My point is to move on. Keep coming back to the same old issue does not help anyone.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    And another hour ranting on the forum. I am sorry that you lost your contacts, but ranting after they offered to help is ridiculous. So you'd rather them never called you?

May be two weeks is too long, but consider that they have made person to person calls, it would take time to go over all customers that had the problem. If I were you, if two week was too long me, I would leave the Pre and find a 100% secure way to save all my contact and move on. Or if I think Pre still worth something, then think about if it worth my time to take the offer to restore. If not, politely decline and then move on. Or take the time prepare and get my contact back and move on.

My point is to move on. Keep coming back to the same old issue does not help anyone.

You're right. I do like the Pre, just needed to vent I guess. Just so frustrating. I just hate when a product is not ready for the masses, and it is released. I mean seriously this is my 4th Pre, because the rest had hardware issues of some sort. And the person call was nice, and they did try. Just got frustrated.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    you were supposed to call palm and talk to a higher level tech assistant.
    They have backup files... For everyone.
    I got my contacts and apps back that way.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    we are the pre family we are here to help each other out as much as we can. Palm did what they had to do I don't have my contacts through palm I actually have them backed up through hotmail, yahoo and gmail..just in case
    Getting kind of tiring hearing people whine about losing contacts because they apparently don't know how to use a smartphone.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I'm confused as to why this took two weeks? I had this problem, called Sprint customer support, got transferred to a high-level Palm rep, and they made me do a partial erase, then they pushed my contacts back to my phone over the air. The only thing I had to do after was rearrange my icons (apps thingies), re-add personalized ringtones, and re-add downloaded pics. Everything else stayed exactly the same.

Who in the hell did you talk to over there? Two weeks is ridiculous!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Getting kind of tiring hearing people whine about losing contacts because they apparently don't know how to use a smartphone.
    What does this have to do with anything? I lost my contacts after updating to 1.3.1. That's it. I updated and they were all gone. Syncing didn't help, and I'd backup-ed right before the update. It was a bug with the phone/update.

If you're tired of "hearing" about this, quit opening threads about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? I lost my contacts after updating to 1.3.1. That's it. I updated and they were all gone. Syncing didn't help, and I'd backup-ed right before the update. It was a bug with the phone/update.

If you're tired of "hearing" about this, quit opening threads about it!
    Sounds like user error. Palm caused all your contacts to disappear from google/yahoo or outlook/exchange?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Sounds like user error. Palm caused all your contacts to disappear from google/yahoo or outlook/exchange?
    I can't tell if you are being serious or joking with me.

Yes, all I did was run the update to 1.3.1, go to sleep, wake up, try to open a contact's info from my contact list, and found out they were all gone (I could only see their names and pics, but not open anything and the info was gone). When I spoke to the Palm rep, she sounded like this has happened to others. And I've read about this happening to others here on the forum.

Why are you in this thread? You aren't helping.
    yeah same here I wouldn't want anyone to still offer a solution to a problem I had 2 weeks ago, I already figured I was effed up so why bother two weeks later
    Same here. To be fair tho, they called the next day after I first reported it, but I was at work and couldn't take care of it. I was just going to go to google so I wouldn't have to type everything in again. After I lost all my contacts, memos (tho those weren't important) I still had my bookmarks. After I got off the phone with the rep, I realized all my bookmarks were gone but the memos were back. I had really poured over a lot of apple web apps to find the sites I had, but I'm just going to cut my losses and let it go. I only had to do a partial erase tho. I don't have any music on my phone, but I have a ton of wall papers. So, if they call make sure your memos bookmarks and other important stuff is there before you get off the phone. Anyway, profile is verified, contacts are back under palm. I'm happy.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I can't tell if you are being serious or joking with me.
    I think the question may be whether you lost any actual contact data. If you are importing from Exchange, Goog, Y!, you may have had data deleted off the Pre, but the underlying data is still there to reimport. What the previous poster may not realize is that some folks may have simply imported from old palm or other data without using Goog/Exchange and thus losing the device data is "master" set.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I still don't understand how a company trying to make right with a customer is a bad thing? By now, two weeks later, you have A LOT less contacts to add I'm guessing because all the important ones would have already called/texted/emailed you. So it should just be a little time adding the ones you don't already have, right? I guess I just don't understand how this is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I know how you feel about losing contacts. I've lost a few phones with a couple years of contacts without a backup of some sort. I still haven't gotten some of those numbers back. If someone called me right now, years later, I would LOVE to still get that contact list just to add the few names I don't have.

But, whatever blows your skirt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast