Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Just label it troubleshooting, or Pre alternatives or I don't know what. They are just annoying and useless.

    To the people complaining. I'm sorry your phone isn't working out for you. That sucks. Get a different one. It's not that hard. Call sprint and complain until they give you another one for free just so that you'll shut up. Go ahead and yell into your phone that your hate so much while on the phone with sprint until you make some poor underpaid indian woman cry so that you can get a new phone instead of complaining to the community here. You're not that important, you're of the minority, you're really annoying, you get in the way of meaningful conversation, and you're just downers.

    In all seriousness, if you hate the phone that bad then why don't you just change it? You're paying sprint at least 60 bucks a month for the thing. Why not get something you like? I have something I like quite a lot and it happens to be the same phone you're complaining about. You know why? I'll tell you.

    My phone has been amazing. It hasn't given me any real issues and it functions like I expected it to based on when I tried it in the Sprint store and chose it over the other phones they had for me to choose. In fact I chose it over the other phones from the other carriers and you know what? I haven't hated it in the slightest. I daresay I love my little phone quite a lot. Yours hasn't worked so hot I guess. Maybe you bought it off Amazon and for some reason just couldn't bring yourself to get up, drive to a sprint store and try one before you bought it. Maybe you had some other issue, but you know what? I don't care. It's not my problem. Well at least it wasn't until you started flooding this site with your whining. The problem is yours. That's life. It sucks sometimes but that doesn't make you special. Go cry somewhere else.

    Sorry for the rant but these people are just infuriating.
  2. #2  
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Just label it troubleshooting, or Pre alternatives or I don't know what. They are just annoying and useless.

    To the people complaining. I'm sorry your phone isn't working out for you. That sucks. Get a different one. It's not that hard. Call sprint and complain until they give you another one for free just so that you'll shut up. Go ahead and yell into your phone that your hate so much while on the phone with sprint until you make some poor underpaid indian woman cry so that you can get a new phone instead of complaining to the community here. You're not that important, you're of the minority, you're really annoying, you get in the way of meaningful conversation, and you're just downers.

    In all seriousness, if you hate the phone that bad then why don't you just change it? You're paying sprint at least 60 bucks a month for the thing. Why not get something you like? I have something I like quite a lot and it happens to be the same phone you're complaining about. You know why? I'll tell you.

    My phone has been amazing. It hasn't given me any real issues and it functions like I expected it to based on when I tried it in the Sprint store and chose it over the other phones they had for me to choose. In fact I chose it over the other phones from the other carriers and you know what? I haven't hated it in the slightest. I daresay I love my little phone quite a lot. Yours hasn't worked so hot I guess. Maybe you bought it off Amazon and for some reason just couldn't bring yourself to get up, drive to a sprint store and try one before you bought it. Maybe you had some other issue, but you know what? I don't care. It's not my problem. Well at least it wasn't until you started flooding this site with your whining. The problem is yours. That's life. It sucks sometimes but that doesn't make you special. Go cry somewhere else.
    At least their rants have to do with the Pre.

    Threads like these just clutter the forum and should be moved. Has nothing to do with the Pre. PM a mod or something.
  3. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #3  
    Don't worry. By next contract renewal then all those pesky "complainers" will be gone. Then you can have the forums all to yourselves so you can discuss the topic of "What did palm do wrong..."
  4. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #4  
    Whats wrong with people voicing there displeasure about there phone, or just a few aspects about it? If someone has a problem with the phone, there is a good chance they can find a solution here. Its not a website exclusively to show love and cheer on Palm, and/or Sprint. Shouldn't this site be a place for discussion, and information, whether positive, negative or indifferent? I would think so.

    Anyway, there are always more complainers than fans on a site for any product. Most people only say something or visits site like this when something is wrong. Most people don't go out there way to say a product is working great for them. That's why I don't make too many conclusions about a product based solely on the user reviews. because all the happy customers are off enjoying what they have, they aren't posting on websites. It will always be unbalanced in that respect.


    I for one have some complaints about the Pre, but I still like the phone a lot, and is probably one of the best smartphones with an affordable plan (< $100, unlimited text internet etc)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    just label it troubleshooting, or pre alternatives or i don't know what. They are just annoying and useless.

    To the people complaining. I'm sorry your phone isn't working out for you. That sucks. Get a different one. It's not that hard. Call sprint and complain until they give you another one for free just so that you'll shut up. Go ahead and yell into your phone that your hate so much while on the phone with sprint until you make some poor underpaid indian woman cry so that you can get a new phone instead of complaining to the community here. You're not that important, you're of the minority, you're really annoying, you get in the way of meaningful conversation, and you're just downers.

    In all seriousness, if you hate the phone that bad then why don't you just change it? You're paying sprint at least 60 bucks a month for the thing. Why not get something you like? I have something i like quite a lot and it happens to be the same phone you're complaining about. You know why? I'll tell you.

    My phone has been amazing. It hasn't given me any real issues and it functions like i expected it to based on when i tried it in the sprint store and chose it over the other phones they had for me to choose. In fact i chose it over the other phones from the other carriers and you know what? I haven't hated it in the slightest. I daresay i love my little phone quite a lot. Yours hasn't worked so hot i guess. Maybe you bought it off amazon and for some reason just couldn't bring yourself to get up, drive to a sprint store and try one before you bought it. Maybe you had some other issue, but you know what? I don't care. It's not my problem. Well at least it wasn't until you started flooding this site with your whining. The problem is yours. That's life. It sucks sometimes but that doesn't make you special. Go cry somewhere else.

    Sorry for the rant but these people are just infuriating.
    +999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 thank you ive been thinking same thing
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    Anyway, there are always more complainers than fans on a site for any product. Most people only say something or visits site like this when something is wrong. Most people don't go out there way to say a product is working great for them.
    good point. Which leads to the question "why are you here if your phone works perfectly?

    They aren't looking for help. They aren't "evangelizing" to potential customers. They aren't participating in helping others. So essentially theyre here because they need the help of strangers to reassure them that they got a good product.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    Whats wrong with people voicing there displeasure about there phone, or just a few aspects about it? If someone has a problem with the phone, there is a good chance they can find a solution here. Its not a website exclusively to show love and cheer on Palm, and/or Sprint. Shouldn't this site be a place for discussion, and information, whether positive, negative or indifferent? I would think so.

    Anyway, there are always more complainers than fans on a site for any product. Most people only say something or visits site like this when something is wrong. Most people don't go out there way to say a product is working great for them. That's why I don't make too many conclusions about a product based solely on the user reviews. because all the happy customers are off enjoying what they have, they aren't posting on websites. It will always be unbalanced in that respect.


    I for one have some complaints about the Pre, but I still like the phone a lot, and is probably one of the best smartphones with an affordable plan (< $100, unlimited text internet etc)
    I don't have a problem with the people with simple complaints or querries about the device. That's one of the best part of forums. What I have a problem with is the "if palm doesn't 'insert whatever they're mad about' I WALK" threads. They don't end up solving anything and just end in meaningless rants between the people mad about their phones and the people that love their phones.
  8. #8  
    there is a group of about 2 or 3 people on this site who spend countless hours of their pathetic lives arguing with people who are disappointed with the pre, if you feel so strongly about this issue you can join them in their crusade to defend palm. I must warn you though it is a very busy never ending job and most will just think of you as a loser.
  9. #9  
    To answer the title, you already have it.

    In response to similar complaints about complaints, a thread

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...omplaints.html

    was established in August and made a sticky in this forum. I think that the mods move posts into it. Last post 4th Dec.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    good point. Which leads to the question "why are you here if your phone works perfectly? You aren't looking for help. You aren't "evangelizing" to potential customers. You aren't participating in helping others. So essentially you're here because you need the help of strangers to reassure you that you got a good product.
    No, I come here to learn about cool tweaks I can do to my phone, or when some new app comes out that is pretty awesome I usually learn about it here. When I do have a minor issue, or there is something I don't know how to do on the device I usually can find the solution here.

    Things I've learned how to do thanks to this forum.

    Homebrew my phone
    Facebook chat with meebo
    add a touchstone to my car
    improve my battery life
    and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember

    I learned all these things from the non whiney discussions that normally go on here. I also should clarify. What i'm complaining about are the people that are threatening to dump their pre unless their ever so important issue is magically resolved by the online community. It is trolling in its most base form and it's annoying. Yes my own message in and of itself is trolling but I got tired of reading the messages. Do I think this will solve anything? No. I'm not that naive, but I got it off my chest, which btw is another thing these forums are good for.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    there is a group of about 2 or 3 people on this site who spend countless hours of their pathetic lives arguing with people who are disappointed with the pre, if you feel so strongly about this issue you can join them in their crusade to defend palm. I must warn you though it is a very busy never ending job and most will just think of you as a loser.
    Yes and sadly those people are probably the reason those posts stay on the front page as long as they do. They are in effect helping the very thing they are trying to kill off.
  12. #12  
    I think that when you have a company release a device prematurely in order to save the company from bankruptcy you are going to have this. Although many of the complaints you see here are ridiculous there are far more which are significant. People have every right to complain if they feel it necessary this site is listed as the #1 discussion forum for the pre and pixie, discussion does not specify any one specific topic about the phone. I personally am bothered by the guys who attack every person who has a negative opinion about the phone. This is a discussion forum if you do not agree with the thread topic simply move on, if palm did not want negative criticism they should have delivered a more complete device.
  13. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'd prefer an "I love WebOS - Hardware Sucks!!" Thread
  14. #14  
    The telling thing about which "side" of this argument has the least to say is that I've seen countless unaware threads where people "complain about the complainers", and yet none where people bemoan the equally pointless and rah-rah "Who loves the pre?" threads.

    Somehow the rest of us manage to go through the day withstanding THOSE threads in silence, so if you have a problem with a "complaint" thread...return the favor, willya?

    At the very least, send pleas to the mods directly to...oh I don't know...THE MODS instead of breaking forum rules for what kind or posts should be in this specific forum.
  15. skitzi's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #15  
    Can we have a section for those complaining about complainers to post in?

    a section for this complaint as well perhaps?


    you say you don't care about others complaints, which by the way educating would be buyers to possible problems among many other useful purposes, so what makes you think anyone would care about your un-useful complaint?
  16. #16  
    As with any forum, with the good comes the bad. Usually in greater quantities.

    People who have an issue with their phone are going to seek out places like this to vent their frustration about their individual issues. Some will do so in a constructive way - asking for help on a specific issue. Others will take a less constructive route - moaning, complaining and threatening to "jump ship".

    The former are often helped in a quick and courteous manner by several experts on the forum, often times helping out several people beyond the OP. The latter posts I simply don't bother to read. I would assume that many of the experts who could possibly help these people do the same.

    Bottom line, while I agree that these type of threads/posts are mostly futile, I don't feel the need to infringe on anyone's right to post them.
  17. #17  
    Yeah, I wholeheartedly DISagree.

    Censorship never solves anything. This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of the Palm Pre, right? I didn't see anything in the description detailing that it was only for PRAISE of the Pre. Discussion always involves good and bad. Perhaps instead of attempting to censor the complainers or banish them to their own forum, YOU should start one dedicated solely to Pre worship! ;-)

    To be clear - this comes from someone who's been about 95% THRILLED with my Pre. I'm not one of the chronic complainers. But the notion of "you don't agree with me therefore you don't belong where I am" has always bugged me. I mean, the content of the threads in question is never a surprise. It's pretty clear from the title. So here's a thought: if you see a thread you know you won't like, just don't read it! Just like if there's something on TV you know will offend you, don't watch it!

    But don't try to take away the ability to read the good and bad on people's minds about the Pre here from those of us who enjoy well-rounded discussion. Read and post what you want - and try to extend the same courtesy to others.

    My 2 cents anyway...
  18. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #18  
    Moderators, please move this thread to the new "complaining" subforum.

Posting Permissions