Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    Okay...so there's been a series of updates for the webOS. I've been with the Palm Pre since launch and I find it very frustrating that there are some key (and very common) features that either need to be put in or fixed. These are my two major gripes. AND yes, they are mine but I am sure there are others that feel my pain on this. I receive and send about 7000 to 10,000 texts a month so that is why this app is very important.


    1. Text threads disappear: This usually happens when you've had some back and forth with someone over text. If you decide to delete this entire thread, it's actually not deleted. It's "hidden". But if that person sends you another text, you get a notification. But if you go into the messaging app, the new text is not there. The current fix is to "unlink" that specific recipient (with the missing text thread) from your address book and then re-link it. This is a flat out bug. Palm has never remedied this. Please do.

    2. Unread text count: One way or another, I miss texts. Plain and simple. But at the same time, if I "swipe" the notification away, I do need another reminder that I have unread texts in my messaging app. It would be nice to have the messaging app icon to have a small number or something that represents unread text messages. Heck - while you're at it, do it to the email app as well. Oh yea...do it for the calendar app too. If there's 3 things on my calendar for today, I'd like a "3" on to upper right or left of the icon.

    Please fix this. Priority is definitely 1. This has carried on for way too long and it's a simple fix. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    1. Text threads disappear: This usually happens when you've had some back and forth with someone over text. If you decide to delete this entire thread, it's actually not deleted. It's "hidden". But if that person sends you another text, you get a notification. But if you go into the messaging app, the new text is not there. The current fix is to "unlink" that specific recipient (with the missing text thread) from your address book and then re-link it. This is a flat out bug. Palm has never remedied this. Please do.
    When I delete the conversations they are gone. I did have some threads disappear and I'm sad about that but nothing was that important for me. I've never had the 'new text' not be there.

    2. Unread text count: One way or another, I miss texts. Plain and simple. But at the same time, if I "swipe" the notification away, I do need another reminder that I have unread texts in my messaging app. It would be nice to have the messaging app icon to have a small number or something that represents unread text messages. Heck - while you're at it, do it to the email app as well. Oh yea...do it for the calendar app too. If there's 3 things on my calendar for today, I'd like a "3" on to upper right or left of the icon.
    You need a reminder that you swiped someone's text away? Well none of my phones have re-alerted me after I'd ignored a text.

    If that is what is driving you away from Pre then IMNSHO you are looking for an excuse to leave....
  3. #3  
    there is a reminder, a number shows on the thread
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Okay...so there's been a series of updates for the webOS. I've been with the Palm Pre since launch and I find it very frustrating that there are some key (and very common) features that either need to be put in or fixed. These are my two major gripes. AND yes, they are mine but I am sure there are others that feel my pain on this. I receive and send about 7000 to 10,000 texts a month so that is why this app is very important.


    1. Text threads disappear: This usually happens when you've had some back and forth with someone over text. If you decide to delete this entire thread, it's actually not deleted. It's "hidden". But if that person sends you another text, you get a notification. But if you go into the messaging app, the new text is not there. The current fix is to "unlink" that specific recipient (with the missing text thread) from your address book and then re-link it. This is a flat out bug. Palm has never remedied this. Please do.

    2. Unread text count: One way or another, I miss texts. Plain and simple. But at the same time, if I "swipe" the notification away, I do need another reminder that I have unread texts in my messaging app. It would be nice to have the messaging app icon to have a small number or something that represents unread text messages. Heck - while you're at it, do it to the email app as well. Oh yea...do it for the calendar app too. If there's 3 things on my calendar for today, I'd like a "3" on to upper right or left of the icon.

    Please fix this. Priority is definitely 1. This has carried on for way too long and it's a simple fix. Thanks!
    I concur. This still bugs me to this day.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    there is a reminder, a number shows on the thread
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. mikeyd3232's Avatar
    Posts
    0 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #6  
    yep, definitely annoying ....certain people text me and when I go to find it, I have to search for their names and it shows them that way.
    Surely there's an easy fix for this???
  7. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #7  
    This annoys the hell out of me too. If you delete individual msgs the "hidden" convos don't happen....but if you have conversations lasting over weeks or months of time, who wants to delete msg by msg. Unfortunately this is what I have to do to really delete a conversation. For now I try to not let my conversations grow too much. I delete texts on a reg basis so a conversation never spans more than a few days. I try to at least. This is a known issue to Palm for quite some time, from shortly after release, they need to fix this!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    there is a reminder, a number shows on the thread
    But there really shouldn't be a need to open the app to know this. There's been times when I've accidentally swiped away an alert and not realized that I had texts from several days ago.

    Also, does the "reminder" you speak of show the texts that disappeared and only reappear when you do a search for them? Either way, that is a bug. Again, I prefer #1 to fixed over #2 any day. I hope they do this for 1.3.5

    Wait...now I know what you mean. But you still need to scroll around to find these "reminders". I want something either on TOP or at least a number on the icon. People miss texts and they are overlooked. Yea...they might not be important then, right? But still - that is not an excuse. It's all about convenience, not about searching for unread messages or have them magically disappear
    Last edited by chiliu78; 12/04/2009 at 05:59 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    When I delete the conversations they are gone. I did have some threads disappear and I'm sad about that but nothing was that important for me. I've never had the 'new text' not be there.

    You need a reminder that you swiped someone's text away? Well none of my phones have re-alerted me after I'd ignored a text.

    If that is what is driving you away from Pre then IMNSHO you are looking for an excuse to leave....

    I work for a company where we text each other a lot. We're actually trying to integrate Twitter into our company to offset the texting but at times, I've swiped without realizing it (or forgetting that I did). Again, I send and receive from 7,000 to 10,000 texts a month. There's a lot of room for error and obviously I've witnessed some nuances that can be of an annoyance.

    And I am not "looking" for an excuse. I'm making a comparison against other phones I've used and these features are pretty simple and more or less common sense - especially for the business environment.

    BTW - I've had two opportunities to leave Palm due to hardware defects but I've always come back. The # of apps are now very healthy so at this point, I'm just looking for the little fixes that does make a huge difference for some.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    This annoys the hell out of me too. If you delete individual msgs the "hidden" convos don't happen....but if you have conversations lasting over weeks or months of time, who wants to delete msg by msg. Unfortunately this is what I have to do to really delete a conversation. For now I try to not let my conversations grow too much. I delete texts on a reg basis so a conversation never spans more than a few days. I try to at least. This is a known issue to Palm for quite some time, from shortly after release, they need to fix this!

    Yea. The other day when I drove into my driveway, I literally sat there for 25 minutes just swiping old texts away because I didn't want the new texts to just disappear when they come.
  11. #11  
    I've yet to see this disappearing thing. I delete entire conversations all the time (as opposed to individual messages) and they are gone. Then when the person texts me or sends a gmail chat, it's there again. Not sure why it happens to others. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe it only happens when you are sending that amount of texts.

    As far as the re-notification, I think there's a patch for that if you want it. You might also beg/bribe somebody to create a patch to "delete all" messages rather than the conversation if that will make your life easier.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Okay...so there's been a series of updates for the webOS. I've been with the Palm Pre since launch and I find it very frustrating that there are some key (and very common) features that either need to be put in or fixed. These are my two major gripes. AND yes, they are mine but I am sure there are others that feel my pain on this. I receive and send about 7000 to 10,000 texts a month so that is why this app is very important.


    1. Text threads disappear: This usually happens when you've had some back and forth with someone over text. If you decide to delete this entire thread, it's actually not deleted. It's "hidden". But if that person sends you another text, you get a notification. But if you go into the messaging app, the new text is not there. The current fix is to "unlink" that specific recipient (with the missing text thread) from your address book and then re-link it. This is a flat out bug. Palm has never remedied this. Please do.

    2. Unread text count: One way or another, I miss texts. Plain and simple. But at the same time, if I "swipe" the notification away, I do need another reminder that I have unread texts in my messaging app. It would be nice to have the messaging app icon to have a small number or something that represents unread text messages. Heck - while you're at it, do it to the email app as well. Oh yea...do it for the calendar app too. If there's 3 things on my calendar for today, I'd like a "3" on to upper right or left of the icon.

    Please fix this. Priority is definitely 1. This has carried on for way too long and it's a simple fix. Thanks!
    I really dont think palm cares if people leave they already made their money from your original purchase
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I really dont think palm cares if people leave they already made their money from your original purchase
    they should because all of these upset people have 30 days to return the phone, not to mention the loss of recommendations and loss of future business.

    I don't care we already got your money is a pretty stupid business motto!!!

    one would have to assume that you do not own a business, or that if so you will not own a business for long.......lol
  14. #14  
    I hate the disappearing threads too, it only happens to me with the same two contacts. Could this just be a corrupted contact?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I really dont think palm cares if people leave they already made their money from your original purchase
    You think Palm doesn't care? If that was true, there would be no updates. There would be no WebOS. It is a little self-centered to make a statement like that. You may be experiencing some problems, but Palm surely didn't trick you into buying a phone. I wouldn't expect everyone to thoroughly troubleshoot their problems, but I would hope that you could be wise enough to abstain from that kind of talk.

    RE: Messaging app "fixes"
    chiliu78,

    2: The top bar on WebOS is uncluttered. Have you ever noticed how other phones have several small icons at the top that are really unnecessary and often ignored? One goal of WebOS was to simplify the UI and present information only when it's pertinent. You admitted that sometimes you accidentally swipe away notices or forget to review your texts. This is not Palm's fault, and a patch would be a good solution. Lookup "Lclarkjr" who maintains the calendar notification repeat patch and kindly ask for some help.

    1: I am not a heavy texter like you, but I did buy a Pre after owning an Instinct for several months. The Instinct would run out of memory and my outgoing texts would disappear sometimes. Maybe this is what is happening to you. A good solution would be an option to mark selected texts as permanent. In addition to forward, copy text, and delete, a patch or webOS update could add a save or lock option.

    As for your conversations being hidden instead of deleted, I tried to replicate the problem on my phone and have been unsuccessful.
  16. #16  
    you can run away for all i care, this is annoying bugs in the messagin app, but you seriously think you will get your patch tomorrow? this bug is known and will be fix, but it wont be till a later patch. the 1.3.5 is coming to fix the app limit no word on any other fixes so its still a waiting game for you. the fix will come, the when is something we wont hear till a long time.

    and if you think the top bar is a perfect place for notifications, use the droid that dam commercial that shows no annoying pop ups in the middle of the screen works great, lets hope you can catch all 10,000 text in that lil bar on top
  17. #17  
    there is also a notification patch that reminds you every two minutes that you missed a text.
  18. #18  
    I haven't had a problem with any of this stuff.
  19. #19  
    finally got an issue with the disappearing text

    like the thread is not there, but if that person sends me a text, if i click the notitification of it, the whole window will pop up and show all the old text i sent to them. When i close that card or go back to the main app window, the text does not show up in the list

    I have release date Pre first time that i've actually noticed this
  20. #20  
    I haven't had this issue at all, but I am sorry that some of us are experiencing it...has anyone contacted Palm about it?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions