Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by va2azerik View Post
    I haven't had a problem with any of this stuff.
    me either
    Why delete text messages at all? Even at thousands of messages per month, it's still not much data. I enjoy having a history of all the messages back and forth with a contact. Very useful!

I have the same philosophy about email too. Keep it all.
    You know that 14 text messages an hour, 24/7. Guess you do not sleep or eat. Me thinkth some over exaggeration.
    I'm not a packrat and don't need to keep most of the stuff. I only keep important emails...while some of the texts I find I want to keep for a while I can't see keeping them forever.
    I don't delete text threads, ever. I don't see a reason for it, unless you are Tiger Woods and you are trying to delete texts from your mistress.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I haven't had this issue at all, but I am sorry that some of us are experiencing it...has anyone contacted Palm about it?
    Do you mean send PALM feedback and never receive a reply? I've done that, it didn't help. I wish someone who mattered at PALM was forced to read these forums.

It's not like all the issues we have with this device are unfixable. We get these OTA updates. They can fix a few issues at a time and just send them out.
    I had that disappearing thread issue. i can't even remember how i fixed it but its never happened since and i have convos lasting weeks and weeks. I think people are right though, unfortunately Palm doesn't seem to have a huge sense of urgency for correcting the VERY well known and much talked about problems (not just these 2 but all of them) and i think the updates and patches we're looking for will be much later. I have patience and am still looking forward to seeing the pre reach its potential. I love sprint and i'm not going anywhere near AT&T and for now the Pre is the best thing Sprint has to offer so...yeah. :-) be patient my friend. it'll come.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I don't delete text threads, ever. I don't see a reason for it, unless you are Tiger Woods and you are trying to delete texts from your mistress.
    +1 lmao
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    1. Text threads disappear:

Please fix this. Priority is definitely 1. This has carried on for way too long and it's a simple fix. Thanks!
    I have this problem, and its with the main 10 people I text. it is SO annoying!!!! I am dying for a fix.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    you can run away for all i care, this is annoying bugs in the messagin app, but you seriously think you will get your patch tomorrow? this bug is known and will be fix, but it wont be till a later patch. the 1.3.5 is coming to fix the app limit no word on any other fixes so its still a waiting game for you. the fix will come, the when is something we wont hear till a long time.

and if you think the top bar is a perfect place for notifications, use the droid that dam commercial that shows no annoying pop ups in the middle of the screen works great, lets hope you can catch all 10,000 text in that lil bar on top
    These type of responses always entertain me. The suggested improvements regarding the notifications is for convenience purposes. If it does show up for all, then okay, you can choose to ignore it. Not a big deal. If Palm wants to get really involved, they can give the user the option of having a little number on the logo for unread messages or not. I do think the webOS should be very personalized and this is one feature that allows this.

The way I think of texts is like email. If I have unread texts, I want a totaled number when I first open the app - just like in the email app. Other smartphones have this feature and it doesn't get in the way when it totals up your unread texts. I can't seriously imagine anyone saying "Urgh...my phone shows a number of my unread texts. I don't wanna read them but it keeps telling me my unread texts". If they are unread, just delete them cause you don't want to read them. But like I said, for some, if they are having a busy day and can't get to their texts, they might just accidentally swipe the notification away.

And I'm not running anywhere. I own the Palm Pre and an Android phone. I am leaving Android and going to Blackberry and have used this secondary phone as a way to really compare other smartphones to the Palm Pre. I like this notification feature. It's convenient and it makes sense and it doesn't get in the way.
  11.    #31  
    I also tried to keep as many texts as possible without deleting but my phone seem to slow down significantly when loading and scrolling around in the text app. Maybe I convinced myself that it did this. Anyone else?
    you should get a sidekick
    I do agree that this is very annoying sometimes... The only fix ive found is just deleting the contact and then re-adding the person after deleting the convo.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    you should get a sidekick
    I think that response is for the people complaining about the "oreo" effect
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    These type of responses always entertain me. The suggested improvements regarding the notifications is for convenience purposes. If it does show up for all, then okay, you can choose to ignore it. Not a big deal. If Palm wants to get really involved, they can give the user the option of having a little number on the logo for unread messages or not. I do think the webOS should be very personalized and this is one feature that allows this.
    Now, to be fair, don't you think you're sort of inviting that type of response with a thread that includes "...or I walk"?

I mean, this isn't Palm's forum, so who are you threatening? That type of post is just begging for smart-a responses...
    Weird, I have every text since June 6th, and I've never had a missing thread. I've doctored my phone some 15 times as well.
    no 'Thanks'
    I agree wholeheartedly, opened a thread proposing an end to this problem in 1.3.5. Or a possible fix through deleting the palm database?
    yes we need a fix
    +1 to the OP.

I can't believe Palm/sprint lets these basic necessities go overlooked.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    i have to agree with you on the first one but if you swipe the alert...dont do it without realizing it... i cant imagine accidentally swiping away a message "*bzzz* checks phone oh i got a text looks at preview ... swipes away, next day *** I GOT A MESSAGE YESTERDAY" i really cant imagine it haha
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast