Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am coming off a series of Treos and a centro. Now that I have a Pre there is no way to manipulate the photos on the pre. Pictures load any old way, willy nilly. Once they are loaded there is no way to move them around within the folder. AND I can not believe the Pre is not compatable with Palm Desktop. I called Palm and they were sorry but the new Pre was programed that way and as of now there is no fix. WHATS WITH THAT ?? What were they thinking ??? PLEASE SOMEONE GET ME AN APP.
    I agree with this 100%!

I know that Chase Jarvis has his Best Photo app for the iPhone, and from the pics I've seen, they looks pretty sweet... something like that would be great! Hell, i'd be happy to be able to turn a pic Black and White from time to time!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    I agree with this 100%!
    Ditto!
    Honestly, use the computer for photo manipulation.

You can move the photos around with Internalz, but what more do you really want to do? I could see zoom but digital zoom just makes the photos look bad....
    I want options too!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Honestly, use the computer for photo manipulation.

You can move the photos around with Internalz, but what more do you really want to do? I could see zoom but digital zoom just makes the photos look bad....
    You can move the photos around on the computer all you want but they still load on the Pre "willy nilly" and you are stuck with pictures in that order. Its nice to show photos in sequence. Maybe if enough people call Palm 877-426-3777, something will be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by billy from philly View Post
    You can move the photos around on the computer all you want but they still load on the Pre "willy nilly" and you are stuck with pictures in that order. Its nice to show photos in sequence. Maybe if enough people call Palm 877-426-3777, something will be done.
    I always assumed it's based on alphabetical order. It could possibly be random, but there's probably a logical sequence which you could just manipulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I always assumed it's based on alphabetical order. It could possibly be random, but there's probably a logical sequence which you could just manipulate.
    It's actually based on a date recorded in the picture's EXIF data header (not the file creation/modification date you can see on your PC). I think it's the date the image was first acquired/generated. I figured it out at one point, but forget exactly which date field it was.

We should be able to sort on various fields or rearrange the photos at will, but this choice of ordering seems particularly brain dead - fixed sorting on a field that users don't have easy access to view or modify? What was Palm thinking?
    I agree with Billy from Philly, 100%.
    BTW- am I the only one that thinks Willy Nilly is actually the evil twin brother of Billy from Philly?
    I agree also and started a thread months ago about this very issue. I was a long time treo 755p user and it baffles me why this palm device has left out so much. I understand that you can edit pics when you download them to the computer, but who has a usb cord and a computer handy all the time? It would be nice to be able to take a pic on the phone and perform some BASIC edit functions like crop & rotate. Geez im not asking for contrast, brightness or black&white, sepia etc (although it would be nice). I love my pre and i am hoping this functionality comes in the future along with a native video recorder.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I agree with Billy from Philly, 100%.
    BTW- am I the only one that thinks Willy Nilly is actually the evil twin brother of Billy from Philly?
    You are the only one that got that. Congrats..!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    It's actually based on a date recorded in the picture's EXIF data header (not the file creation/modification date you can see on your PC). I think it's the date the image was first acquired/generated. I figured it out at one point, but forget exactly which date field it was.

We should be able to sort on various fields or rearrange the photos at will, but this choice of ordering seems particularly brain dead - fixed sorting on a field that users don't have easy access to view or modify? What was Palm thinking?
    Thank you for that. I will give it a try and post if successful...
    Smart guys always have the eye for detail and the arcane.

You are the only one that got that. Congrats..!!
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    thing is, is that this is a top of the line device. I love the Pre, nothing will change that. But, we should have the options, the features to edit (black & white, sepia, whatever) & move the pics around. Other lower end devices have features such as this, and where as we may not NEED them, they are fun, and people like me are always on or around their Pre. Screw basic edits on the computer. What about the pics you upload directly to facebook? Long story short, this is a must.
    pretty please palm...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    thing is, is that this is a top of the line device. I love the Pre, nothing will change that. But, we should have the options, the features to edit (black & white, sepia, whatever) & move the pics around. Other lower end devices have features such as this, and where as we may not NEED them, they are fun, and people like me are always on or around their Pre. Screw basic edits on the computer. What about the pics you upload directly to facebook? Long story short, this is a must.
    pretty please palm...
    Just wanted to keep this thread alive. Sorting of pictures within a file is basic stuff. Hear we are getting a video upgrade in February. Cool.
    After what I saw at CES with the video editing app, I am kind of disappointed to hear nothing about photo editing. Some simple resizing and cropping features would be great.
    that's what the app store is for.
    just put a notice out there the first one with a photo app will make $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    After what I saw at CES with the video editing app, I am kind of disappointed to hear nothing about photo editing. Some simple resizing and cropping features would be great.
    willy nilly.
    i consider myself a cityfied red neck. i use words like caddywhopas, yonder, howdy, i wont use fixn' in a sentence, and various other words/

what does willy nilly mean and were did it come from. up till now i thought i heard them all?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    bumpin' this thread...and every thread that begs for a photo editing app. I realize this isn't a big deal for some...but it is for others, like ME! :-)
    I am dying for something...anything!!! I will pay for one until Palm pulls their collective heads out of their collective butts! Hook a sista up...
    The SDK as it is doesn't support this right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast