Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well this morning I woke up and tried to call my mother who's going in to hospital today for an operation today and my bought-on-release-day Pre has decided that today is a good day to die!

For some reason the Mic and ear speaker doesn't work so I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me! I can hear people if I put the loud speaker on but that's not much use. I'm sure it's probably a loose connection inside the phone that I could easily re-attach myself but I don't want to void my warranty.

Calling O2 has just made me really mad! I went through the "please press N" menu and selected the Palm Pre option, waited on hold for 20 minutes just to be told I wasn't speaking to the Palm Pre team at all and had to be on hold for another 10 minutes... and because I can't call from my O2 phone it costs per minute... all to be told I have to go to my nearest store which coincidentally is at the O2 in London and the support guy doesn't even know what time it's open?!? Have O2 ever heard of customer service?!?!?
    did you get is sorted?
    I can sympathise, not with my pre dying but with customer services my wife is on her 4th blackberry,sometimes it's like talking to your fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    Well this morning I woke up and tried to call my mother who's going in to hospital today for an operation today and my bought-on-release-day Pre has decided that today is a good day to die!

For some reason the Mic and ear speaker doesn't work so I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me! I can hear people if I put the loud speaker on but that's not much use. I'm sure it's probably a loose connection inside the phone that I could easily re-attach myself but I don't want to void my warranty.

Calling O2 has just made me really mad! I went through the "please press N" menu and selected the Palm Pre option, waited on hold for 20 minutes just to be told I wasn't speaking to the Palm Pre team at all and had to be on hold for another 10 minutes... and because I can't call from my O2 phone it costs per minute... all to be told I have to go to my nearest store which coincidentally is at the O2 in London and the support guy doesn't even know what time it's open?!? Have O2 ever heard of customer service?!?!?
    Have you plugged headphones in lately something similar happened to me and it was to do with the fact the pre thought it was still in headphone mode. Even restarting it did not fix it. What I ended up doing was plugging in headphones and while playing music with pandora took them out and it like switched back. I believe some other people have had similar issues on the forums. Search for some posts. It has not happend to me again since then.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    And its not just the headphone bug so that if you plug in and out the headphones a few times it will start working again? (if the mic never works it doesnt sound like that but but atleast worth a try)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    My brother had this issue..he had to restart it several times and it finally worked. It was something to do w/ his bluetooth connection too. Good luck!
  7.    #7  
    Nope - not sorted yet! I've tried the the headphone thing and even webos doctor and nothing's worked... at least when I get it sent off the fresh install will hide my patches. ;P

Hopefully I'll be able to get to an O2 store some time in the next few days... not sure I can live without my pre while it's being repaired though! =(
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Hopefully I'll be able to get to an O2 store some time in the next few days... not sure I can live without my pre while it's being repaired though! =(
    Yeah, watch out. I didn't think I could last with the Pre either.
    O2 assured me, that whilst they quote "max 2 weeks" to customers, it would be a max of 5 working days that I'd be without my Pre whilst it was being repaired.

So worst case scenario would be 2 weeks - and I asked them to confirm if that was 2 calendar weeks. They said yes.

I called up yesterday (5th working day) and they said...... "no news - it can be up to 2 weeks as we told you". So I said I'd expect it back next week..... they said "No, 2 weeks is 14 days, 5 working days in a week, so that makes just under 3 weeks".

Also, note that when you give the phone to O2, the monkeys in the shop have no expertise so they send it off. When its sent off, it doesn't reach O2 engineers. It also doesn't reach Palm. It gets sent to a 3rd party phone repair company... anovo o2 - Google Search ...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I know with Sprint they'll replace your Pre without hassle if you're having issues. Could you take it to O2 and get a new one?

Sprint has given me 4 Pres (3 new, 1 refurb) without any trouble nor a penny spent. Good luck!

EDIT: My bad. Sounds like you sent it in. Why don't they just replace it? I'd request a different phone when taken in to them.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Did O2 give you a pink phone? Every time my old phone screwed up the temporary replacement was pink :P Friends and colleagues were very sensitive to the issue of course.... hmph.

Luckily my Pre hasnt fooked up since i got it but I fully expect a pink phone if and when it does.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    EDIT: My bad. Sounds like you sent it in. Why don't they just replace it? I'd request a different phone when taken in to them.
    If thats aimed at me, then...
    I was already on my third Pre so they said no more exchanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by gAnDo View Post
    Did O2 give you a pink phone? Every time my old phone screwed up the temporary replacement was pink :P Friends and colleagues were very sensitive to the issue of course.... hmph.

Luckily my Pre hasnt fooked up since i got it but I fully expect a pink phone if and when it does.
    They wanted minimum 25 for a "loan phone" as they call it. They warned me it would be a totally bottom of the range phone. So I turned it down and opted to use an older phone I already have...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Ouch! They cut you off after 3?? Even if it's a manufacturing defect? In that case I'd take it up with Palm to get another one. The Pre includes a 1 year manufactures warranty which guarantees your phone is free of these defects.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Ouch! They cut you off after 3?? Even if it's a manufacturing defect? In that case I'd take it up with Palm to get another one. The Pre includes a 1 year manufactures warranty which guarantees your phone is free of these defects.
    its TWO year warranty in the UK
  14.    #14  
    I'm on night shifts this week so I'm praying I can wake up early enough on one of the days to get to an O2 shop! Also I've just noticed that the screen doesn't blank when I'm on a call any more so I'm assuming it's a multi-function type data cable that's come loose.

That's interesting about sending it off to a third party for repair - you would have thought that Palm themselves would fix the problems considering it's under warranty.
  15.    #15  
    My phone has now been sent off for repair... lets see how long it takes! I also asked them to fix the 100% charge touchstone problem - I'm kinda hoping they fail on that front and give me a new Pre. ;P
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    My phone has now been sent off for repair... lets see how long it takes! I also asked them to fix the 100% charge touchstone problem - I'm kinda hoping they fail on that front and give me a new Pre. ;P
    So you know how long to wait for the repair guys to get back to you, see here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...74#post2084174.
    Good luck...
  17.    #17  
    Another interesting fact - if you opt for your Pre to be sent back to your home address after it's repaired, O2 (well their repair guys) will send the phone back to you by 2nd class regular post!! ***?!?

I put my phone in for repair on the 7/12, apparently they sent it back on the 14/12 but so far I haven't received it. If it's not here by next Tuesday (29th - 22 days after putting it in for repair!) they'll *discuss* replacing it... if they try and give me a refurb they can FO!

If I ever have to get another repair I think I'll get it returned to the store. =/
  18.    #18  
    My replacement turned up today - it's a refurb! Does anyone else think that this is totally unacceptable considering O2 lost my new phone by cutting costs on postage??
  19.    #19  
    Apparently O2 management don't think a refurb is acceptable either and are couriering me a brand new phone... why couldn't they do that in the first place instead of wasting another 30 minutes of my life (+ another day waiting in for a delivery probably!)?!?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Wait. Is my Pre dead? It has been fine for 6 months. Had a decent charge. In my pocket an hour. And now nothing. I've been seaching for how to get its little heart beating again. It's plugged in, but no indication of life. I wonder what the hours are at the Sprint store on New Year's Eve? What happened? How do I turn it on?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast