Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Who has more patches installed than apps?

You think WebOS could deviate from the norm and go for Patch Store or something like that? (would be more difficult to make stable, but pretty good idea?)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Me for one, but I dnot have access to paid apps yet.

I dont think Palm would impliment a patch store. If they make patches they are added into OS releases. Once added they can become just another configuration option.
    <--------has no patches

I don't have a need for patches (as far as I can tell). I like the way my Pre works from stock with the added apps I have.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Honestly, that isn't a bad idea. If you think about it, some of the new updates that Palm pushes, makes some users unhappy. If Palm did do a patch store, then you could pick and choose from features offered by Palm- and they would be made by Palm...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    I have a lot more patches than apps installed. I like customizing my phones and don't need a lot more than what comes with the phone, so I keep my apps to a relative minimum. Patch store = Preware.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Patch store = Preware.
    Oh how I love Preware...

And yes I have way more patches than apps...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    Honestly, that isn't a bad idea. If you think about it, some of the new updates that Palm pushes, makes some users unhappy. If Palm did do a patch store, then you could pick and choose from features offered by Palm- and they would be made by Palm...
    Exactly!
    I don't always like what Palm implements and I can weed out certain patches that would pertain to how I want my Palm Pre to be.

Preware is great, but opening it takes quite some time. If there was a way to put a great patch store out for mass usage, I wonder how far Palm could go with that.

I mean... I know so many people on this website who patch abuse.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    IMO the OS provider shouldnt be (and isnt) required to offer patches BUT any new updates/changes etc should be made optional. Some people dont like change for various reasons, and what better idea than to give them the option to use new/changed features rather than forcing it onto them.

Good customer service?