1.    #1  
    I have been carrying the Pre in my pants back pocket since I bought it several months ago. Basically, I sit on the thing most of the day. The first Pre "oreo" got really loose after about 3 weeks so I went to a store and asked if there was a problem. The rep just replaced the phone because they didn't know the answer. The new phone was just as loose as the old one that was "worn in" so I was confused about the exchange and the looseness hasn't changed in several months.

Has anyone had a failure where the Pre came apart? The only problem I have had is that if you put the phone in the back pocket where the display "feels your heat" it cancels an incoming call when you grab the phone to pull it out of the pocket. Unfortunately, the curve of the phone fits more comfortably against a cheek and the display will always be against the warm side so the hangup problem won't change.
    I don't think I'd sit on my phone.....

I carry it in my front pocket, screen facing in. I never have problems like you've described, but I don't wear tight fitting clothes. I see a lot of women carrying phones in their back pockets (I'm a guy though), so whatever.
    I wouldn't recommend sitting on the phone - besides the oreo issue, you stand a greater chance of cracking the screen. (No pun intended!)

Look at it this way - this is a $550 piece of equipment that you are carrying around. Do you sit on your computer, or your flat-screen TV, or your camera? I carry mine either in my front pocket or in a hip holster. Works much better for me!
    I'm a woman and carry mine in my front pocket inside the microfiber case it came with.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I'm a woman and carry mine in my front pocket inside the microfiber case it came with.
    Good choice! Seriously, Fisack23 said, its a pretty expensive piece of electronics to sit on all the time......
    I can't even sit on my wallet, let alone a phone. Plus, I sit down hard most of the time... or so my wife says. I would have crumbly oreo effect after one sumo sit.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I am at a loss as to why anyone would put a $500+ device in thier back pocket knowing they would sit on it daily. Consider me flabergasted.
    Im not going to lie, i was extremely careful when i first got my (first) pre. i kept it in the microfiber cloth case at all times, as well as making sure i never set it down screen first, and things of that nature.

After swapping out my first oreo pre, I treated my second (and current) pre like it was made of titanium. I bring it with me to the gym for pandora, take it in to the (mosh) pit with me, and all without my case. It has held up pretty well hardware-wise, but my screen is nice and scratched now. *sigh*
    Who sits on a phone? Wow.
    Brilliant. Get some pants with side cargo pockets. Or a purse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    The only problem I have had is that if you put the phone in the back pocket where the display "feels your heat" it cancels an incoming call when you grab the phone to pull it out of the pocket. Unfortunately, the curve of the phone fits more comfortably against a cheek and the display will always be against the warm side so the hangup problem won't change.
    Are you sure you're not hitting the volume buttons where you grab it. I'm not sure what "Feels your heat" means, our phones are Capacitive which means that it's based on electrical resistance distortions, Heat is not a good way to judge if being touched since a phone can easily be hotter than your fingers, and anything would activate it if it only went off if there was a difference in temperature, and fingers are never a single temperature as our internal temperature. So chances are your hitting something with your finger as you pull it out causing the phone to ignore. So you should be able to fix this problem if you change your behavior.
    The screen can be manipulated through cloth. I believe that "feels your heat" is their interpretation of the phone being pulled out of their pocket and the screen being activated as it is dragged along their... errrm... buttocks.

Of course it's also possible (and more than likely) that they are inadvertently hitting the power button as they drag the phone out of their pocket which automatically ignores the call.
    I hope you don't get the 'fudge oreo' effect.
    But seriously, u've gotta be to sit on such a fragile phone as this. Really.
    Capacitive screens do not feel heat. They respond when the current in your body completes the circuit on your phone.

So unless you have an electric ****, you will be fine.

By the way, wouldn't Electric **** be a rad name for a band?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Who sits on a phone? Wow.
    about every broad i know does. back pockets are way too common i dont understand how they dont break even flip phones. maybe they have softer tooshies then they should?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Girls have nicer butts than dudes. So maybe that is why.

Also, I would totally buy an album from a band called Electric ****.
    I keep mine in my sock, right under the heel where nobody can get to it.

I have a terrible Oreo, and a limp now, plus the phone smells.

palm GET WITH THE PROGRAM your phone needs to stand up to daily use!

expect a bill from my chiropractor
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/04/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Now your thinkin with your dipstick Johnny--------
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->