Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Starting last night, when I try to update an already-purchased app thru the App Catalog, when I click on the Update Available bar I get an immediate Download canceled / App Catalog unavailable. I had updated an app earlier in the day, successfully. This has persisted across several restarts. /var has 125 MB free. I deleted a couple of apps and still see the problem. I used mvapp to unlink (move back to the standard app storage area) one of the apps, and still can't update it. This is a Sprint phone in the US (so the problem shouldn't be whatever is causing grief to our European friends). This is the original and only Pre I've had, not a replacement. Running webOS 1.3.1, and Preware 0.9.12 (so I shouldn't need to separately install the Fair Dinkum App Limit, which in fact I did have installed before Preware subsumed that function). I've tried with WiFi off as well as on, in case it suddenly preferred updating OTA.

Is there anything else I can try short of WebOSDoctor?

The error message itself is bunk of course. The app catalog is available, I can view it, look at screenshots, I reviewed an app, etc.
    I've had that be4, I just restart and wait, the servers could be overloaded, because of the people updating or downloading, patience!!
    This could also be caused by trying to update a paid app that you never purchased, but have the homebrew of installed. Those that didn't know we needed to change AppID on the initial launch have this. Deleting the homebrew version will allow you to purchase the pay version.
    I am also experiencing the same thing as the OP. Thes apps I have available for update were never homebrews, so (in this instance) it cannot be related to the need for changed AppIds.
    all I did was reboot my phone and it worked . Also open up web browser swipe down from top left go into preferences and scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies this will help too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Do a partial erase this fixed it for me and all your data is still in tact... i
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    This could also be caused by trying to update a paid app that you never purchased, but have the homebrew of installed. Those that didn't know we needed to change AppID on the initial launch have this. Deleting the homebrew version will allow you to purchase the pay version.

Thank you! This was my problem. I'd been trying for days to update Feeds, finally worked today after following your tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Thank you! This was my problem. I'd been trying for days to update Feeds, finally worked today after following your tip.
    Unfortunately, Palm has not yet made a cleaner fix for this. Developers can't really change the App IDs now, because all previous purchasers would lose the App. I'm certain we are loosing many sales over it. Always sucks to be the guinea pig.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    This was the case for a couple of them. Others ... I can't recall for certain but believe they were "purchased" from the catalog for free, and they are still failing to update. I figured I'd try remove and then install. Remove works, but install wants $$. So I have to think about whether each app is worth the price. mCraig Mobile says "Download again for free", but that still gets the "Download canceled / App Catalog unavailable".
    mCraig might have that issue because it transitioned from free to paid. (I believe it did, but my mind is foggy...)

Although, I would think that Palm would have forced them to change the AppID for all paid apps converting from Free.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.