1.    #1  
    Ok so i heard theres a new update for the pre coming in like two weeks i just got my pre the other day and have installed things like preware and a theme does this mean i have to take all that stuff off for the update or can i keep it on and if so can i just delete everything from my phone or do i have to used webos doctor or some other program?
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    Ok so i heard theres a new update for the pre coming in like two weeks i just got my pre the other day and have installed things like preware and a theme does this mean i have to take all that stuff off for the update or can i keep it on and if so can i just delete everything from my phone or do i have to used webos doctor or some other program?
    you need to first search the forums =) lol secondly however, yes before you update you will need to remove your theme. apps and the such do not need to be removed but you must remember to take off your theme!

=)
    Remove any themes and patches.
    Homebrew apps etc can be left with no problem.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This is a new question about the update. Has talk about when it might happen been banned? I know we have had lots of pointless threads in the past but now that developers have it and the Pixi has it I thought there might be some kind of idea but daily searches yield almost nothing with 1.3.5 in it....
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    I'm curious about precorder do you have to delete that prior or can we leave that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    This is a new question about the update. Has talk about when it might happen been banned? I know we have had lots of pointless threads in the past but now that developers have it and the Pixi has it I thought there might be some kind of idea but daily searches yield almost nothing with 1.3.5 in it....
    Many of the people who know things about 1.3.5 have signed non-disclosure agreements with Palm to allow them to test pre-release versions of the OS. Most of the leaks about 1.3.5 have come from a few who have not fully honored those agreements.

Even those that are running early versions of 1.3.5 do not know when we will see the actual OTA update released into the wild.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    If the 1.3.5 is as stable as 1.2.1 AND as supportive of all the apps and patches... Then and and only then (after letting it be out in the open for a month or so to see if it has any problems) might I update my Pre. If it is anything like 1.3.1... Forget it, lol, I have a total of 200 apps and patches combined installed working flawlessly on my good ol' (1.2.1) Pre now. I am not going to mess that up, lol! For me personally the only update I need is to get Flash and gif files to work in the browser, and a call recording app on top of a call & sms blocker app. If the new 1.3.5 does not do that then I do not need or want it, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    Uninstall your theme and use EPR ( found in preware ), emergency patch removal to remove the patches you have installed. After taking the update watch the forum to see which patches are ready to be reinstalled with the current OS update.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Before updating webos, one could just run webos doctor instead of uninstalling theme and running epr right?
    Or just take it as a great oportunity to go bone stock. You'll miss some features (battery meter I miss you) but the phone runs so so so so much faster.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks to the OP for asking this and all those who replied. Save me having to serch for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Before updating webos, one could just run webos doctor instead of uninstalling theme and running epr right?
    Yes, that will work fine. You could also wait and run the WebOS Doctor of the new version, but this usually lags by a couple days to a week after the OTA updates are available.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Many of the people who know things about 1.3.5 have signed non-disclosure agreements with Palm to allow them to test pre-release versions of the OS. Most of the leaks about 1.3.5 have come from a few who have not fully honored those agreements.

Even those that are running early versions of 1.3.5 do not know when we will see the actual OTA update released into the wild.
    This demands a great big 'duh'...

And separately, as for the WebOS Doctor version of update prep...would that not require restoring data and programs that would not be necessary if using Preware or WOSQI? Just want to be sure people don't think it is the same thing...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    And separately, as for the WebOS Doctor version of update prep...would that not require restoring data and programs that would not be necessary if using Preware or WOSQI? Just want to be sure people don't think it is the same thing...
    I suggested that for someone talking about doctoring already to "fix" things. This would require restoring app data and reinstalling all Homebrew programs, Preware, etc.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Uninstall your theme and use EPR ( found in preware ), emergency patch removal to remove the patches you have installed. After taking the update watch the forum to see which patches are ready to be reinstalled with the current OS update.

Where exactly can EPR be found? I did not see it in applications.

Thanks
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Where exactly can EPR be found? I did not see it in applications.

Thanks
    You'll find it under the "list of everything" in Preware.
    Thread closed.

Please continue this discussion in the Offical webOS 1.3.5 Anticipation, Discussion, Features, and Issues thread.

- Craig