1.    #1  
    My battery life has been abysmal under 1.3.1, so I decided to try a tack that has worked for me under 1.1. Restore it to basics with WebOS Doctor. Everything is fine, but, when it says to attach the phone, it just sits there with the "next" key grayed out and it never recognizes it. I tried soft resetting, I tried putting it in USB vs just charging mode. Nothing. Is there an issue with WebOS doc not recognizing devices?

Also, am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't have any tweaks, patches, or Homebrew apps running. The only extra apps I have are straight from the Palm site and are things like Newsweek, The New York Times, Weather Channel and Fandango. Should I, instead, be rooting my Pre (haven't rooted this one yet (Pre #4), and installing patches and stuff to manage system power?

Thanks!
    To get the computer to recognize the Pre so you can run WebOS Doctor:
    • Disconnect your Pre from everything
    • Remove the back
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in the UBS cable to the Pre, and to your computer
    • Hold the volume up button, (that's the button on the left side of the Pre, closest to the top)
    • While hoding the volume up button, put the battery back in

At this point, you'll see a big USB symbol. Run WebOS Doctor, and it should recognize the Pre.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To get the computer to recognize the Pre so you can run WebOS Doctor:
    • Disconnect your Pre from everything
    • Remove the back
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in the UBS cable to the Pre, and to your computer
    • Hold the volume up button, (that's the button on the left side of the Pre, closest to the top)
    • While hoding the volume up button, put the battery back in

At this point, you'll see a big USB symbol. Run WebOS Doctor, and it should recognize the Pre.

just saying thanks man! i wasn't sure if i was doing something wrong before when trying to run this, but after i found this thread... thanks.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    didnt work for me...still greyed out...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    didnt work for me...still greyed out...
    Do you get the menu to choose "Media, USB, Just Charge" when you plug your cable in?

I just had this problem today. I plugged in and it only charged. The data cable was busted and I ran to the Sprint store and they gave me a new one.