Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    OK - the weirdest thing..

My wife bought a Pre today.. I was helping her set it up, but many of the apps that I was looking for weren't there..

Her pre was showing 318 apps in the catalog.. Mine has over 500.. What the???

They're both Pre's on Sprint w/ webos 1.3.1

-mark
    that happened to me last week with my recent replacement. a few battery pulls later, I think it worked itself out.
    Its probable that your new pre has an older OS version. Run an update. Some apps are not compatible with older versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    OK - the weirdest thing..

My wife bought a Pre today.. I was helping her set it up, but many of the apps that I was looking for weren't there..

Her pre was showing 318 apps in the catalog.. Mine has over 500.. What the???

They're both Pre's on Sprint w/ webos 1.3.1

-mark
    Since they both have 1.3.1 it sounds like there was something wrong with either an upgrade to 1.3.1 or something else. I would start with a partial erase and see if that works. If not, try a full erase. If that doesn't work, I would use WebOSDoctor on it. That should do the trick.
    a partial erase fixed this issue
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This occurs when the catalog believes that the Pre is in a "strange" version of the OS. Developers run into it with pre-release versions. We saw it with early copies of 1.3.1, until the App Catalog was told that 1.3.1 was a normal version. There is a "default" view of the catalog for each region and right now it looks like it is 317 apps for Sprint US. (Any developer on pre-release gets this.)

In most cases the Partial Erase is the best bet to reset things. There have only been a few cases where this doesn't correct it, from what I've heard. I think all of these were once flashed to pre-release versions of WebOS.

Partial Erase SHOULD not erase USB, but it is always a good idea to have a backup.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.