Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deafinoneear View Post
    BTW to the mods, or whoever sets up the profanity filter, a "d o u c h e" is a medical product, not a profanity. Remove it from the filter. Spleen.
    It is probably on the filter because the mods aren't naive enough to actually think there will ever be a need to discuss the medical item on these forums. I mean, come on. The mods aren't stupid. ***** is the correct medical term but it is probably filtered.

EDIT: Yep. It is.
    Sprint has already said the first WiMAX phone will be a future Android device in 2010.

Not sure what advantage WiMAX will have on phones other than tethering, which is not Sprint's intention. If EVDO could consistently sustain 1.5-2Mbps most of the time, that would suffice. Adding an extra radio is just more power drain.

I would like to see WiMAX on other consumer devices like cameras, game consoles/psp/gameboys, refridgerators, gps, etc. but WiMAX for the near term will be for laptops and an alternative to cable in homes with less need on mobile phones for a while. What phone app needs more than 2Mbps?
    The fact that you're a Sprint repair tech and had to ask this question made my stomach curdle. No wonder I always had to explain crap to the <<edited by berd>> behind the glass wall whenever there was a problem with my Treo's. My god, you'd think Sprint would, I don't know, either hire people knowledgeable in the field or train them to be so.

<<edited by berd>>

<<edited by berd>>

<<edited by berd>>
    So when you use said "d" word, are you trying to help people of the female gender find and compare brands or are you using it as an insult that clearly is not intended to portray anything wholesome?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 12/08/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    It is probably on the filter because the mods aren't naive enough to actually think there will ever be a need to discuss the medical item on these forums. I mean, come on. The mods aren't stupid. ***** is the correct medical term but it is probably filtered.

EDIT: Yep. It is.
    After all the Disneyfication and sanitizing that went on with FM over the last decade, you can still say d o u c h e over the air. I don't see why this forum is any different. It's not one of the "7 Dirty Words" and if the filter is going to be that hardcore, we should ban the words stupid, doodoo, ****, doodyhead ********, gay (when used as a derogatory term) and all the other words my 5 years old is not allowed to say.

I'm pretty sure that to own a Pre and be on this enthusiast site, you're at least old enough to smoke and die in battle. I would say those two are worse than a slang appropriation of a medical term.

Can we all be adults here?
    Are you saying that any reasonable grown up would use the "d" word or any of the other words in their "grown up" vernacular? The word is blocked for a reason. Please respect that and quit trying to bypass the filter. You have been warned.

Eh. By the time Canadian networks update to 4g, it will be 2020 and I will be in the market for a new phone anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    So when you use said "d" word, are you trying to help people of the female gender find and compare brands or are you using it as an insult that clearly is not intended to portray anything wholesome?
    So when one uses the d word to insult someone, it's off limits, yet when I call someone a <edited> to insult them it's OK? I don't see the logic here.
    After all the Disneyfication and sanitizing that went on with FM over the last decade, you can still say d o u c h e over the air. I don't see why this forum is any different. It's not one of the "7 Dirty Words" and if the filter is going to be that hardcore, we should ban the words stupid, doodoo, ****, doodyhead ********, gay (when used as a derogatory term) and all the other words my 5 years old is not allowed to say.

I'm pretty sure that to own a Pre and be on this enthusiast site, you're at least old enough to smoke and die in battle. I would say those two are worse than a slang appropriation of a medical term. Jagoff? Really? That works? That's pretty ridiculous.

Yes, calling someone a ****** on an enthusiast website is very adult... Simply, the operators of the site don't like name-calling, because, well, it's ridiculous in this type of forum and, almost invevitably, leads to crap-filled discussions. They've chosen to filter the word ******, among others. It's their site that we are all VISITING. I don't see why that's even worth complaining about.
    So when one uses the d word to insult someone, it's off limits, yet when I call someone a <edited> to insult them it's OK? I don't see the logic here.
    Call someone a jagoff ***** and you'll more than likely get a warning and your post will be removed. Can you really expect the mods to think of every juvenile insult all of us can think of and filter them?
    Would you like it then if we block every word that can be used in poor taste? Or would you like to avoid using the words because they can be used in poor taste? That is the adult thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Sprint has already said the first WiMAX phone will be a future Android device in 2010.

Not sure what advantage WiMAX will have on phones other than tethering, which is not Sprint's intention. If EVDO could consistently sustain 1.5-2Mbps most of the time, that would suffice. Adding an extra radio is just more power drain.

I would like to see WiMAX on other consumer devices like cameras, game consoles/psp/gameboys, refridgerators, gps, etc. but WiMAX for the near term will be for laptops and an alternative to cable in homes with less need on mobile phones for a while. What phone app needs more than 2Mbps?
    The advantage from what I understand is going to be deployment of VoIP which will allow for simultaneous voice/data, less latency and just far better performance overall. Should be a big cost saver for Sprint as well.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Drop it!

Move along.

Read the Forums Guidelines:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html
    Just call me Berd.
    The fact that you're a Sprint repair tech and had to ask this question made my stomach curdle. No wonder I always had to explain crap to the <<edited by berd>> behind the glass wall whenever there was a problem with my Treo's. My god, you'd think Sprint would, I don't know, either hire people knowledgeable in the field or train them to be so.

<<edited by berd>>

<<edited by berd>>

<<edited by berd>>
    Was that even necessary? We can talk about these things without belittling people. When you work for a big company, you know what you are told. I worked for IBM and IBM affiliates for 10 years. Product info was kept quite until release, and even then, on need to know until industry-wide roll out.
    I think once 4G gets rolled out into more cities, Sprint would be competitively smart to start allowing tethering on those phones. I don't think 4G will make that big of a difference on a phone's browser.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12