1.    #1  
    Whats up guys. All I have to say is this Pre is 10x better than the Instinct I had. The only thing I ran into is transferring my contacts.

I downloaded the facebook app, and logged in and it retrieved all my friends and put them in my contacts. I love that! The thing is I

only have like 12 friends on Facebook lol. Now I do have an exported file of all my contacts from the sprint web site. Is their anyways

I can import those into my phone? I have already tried attaching it to an e-mail and retrieving it from the pre but it dousn't recognize

the format. Is there any way? It looks as if the exported contact file is in Outlook format, but I lack Outlook.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    i recommend importing those contacts into gmail if you have an account
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    i recommend importing those contacts into gmail if you have an account
    I second that. If you own a Pre and you're not using an EAS, Google, or Yahoo account for contacts and calendar, you're missing out on huge chunks of goodness and probably putting your data in jeopardy. Get a Google account, import your file to it, and your Pre will be able to get all of them once you give it your account credentials.
    Google will be the easiest way for you. Google contacts FTW!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Hell yea thanks guys I have a google acount also. I geuss Ill do that. Other than that It should update by just checking my e-mail from my pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim800 View Post
    Hell yea thanks guys I have a google acount also. I geuss Ill do that. Other than that It should update by just checking my e-mail from my pre?
    Email is separate, but yeah, it should update all by itself. If you are impatient, you can go into the preferences and hit the Sync Now button. But changes will be sync'd automatically, you don't need to do anything.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I took my Instinct to Sprint and transferred all my contacts to the Pre. Now I've just put all of my contacts in Yahoo (manually) as a back up but I just asked how and where I can do this 'sync' type back up for these elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim800 View Post
    Although Google lumps Contacts and Email together, they're separate on the Pre. You have to go into your Contacts app, add the Google account, and you probably want to make that your "default" account. That way, any contacts you add on the Pre get automatically sync'ed back to Google.

Google is by far the easiest way to manage Contacts and Calendar on the Pre. Unless you have some other specific software you need/prefer (Exchange, Outlook, etc.), you should definitely be using Google. Among other things, it has very nice and easy import/export features, so you can move your data around easily.