1.    #1  
    I am a Pre owner and was thinking of picking up a Pixi off contract. I know that Sprint allows you to switch active handsets from their website, but I think there would be a problem with the Palm accounts.

Does anybody have any thoughts about how this could be done? If you turn off the one device before you turn on the other one would that work? Or maybe I could just have two Palm accounts?

I can't quite visualize how to think about whether or not this would work. Any help is appreciated.
    If you buy the Pixi outright, Sprint will let you switch back and forth between the two phones you own without issue.

Whether or not you'll have issues with your Palm Profile is another question altogether. :-\
    I dont see why there would be any issue- if you are really concerned you can simply create a second profile.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Sounds like you'll need a second Palm profile.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks!

When the Pre is inactive, and I am using the Pixi, can I use the Pre on just the WiFi? I seem to recall that there was a problem with trying to use the Pre while not connected to Sprint service.
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    Thanks!

When the Pre is inactive, and I am using the Pixi, can I use the Pre on just the WiFi? I seem to recall that there was a problem with trying to use the Pre while not connected to Sprint service.

IIRC and this is ALL from memory, there were issues "activating" (maybe setting up is a better term) the phone without a sprint account. Then being able to use on wifi for dev purposes. At least the threads I was reading, was developers wanting to be able to test apps on an actuall device, but not wanting to have to get a sprint account to access a working handset.

Other than that, I can't see the phone acting any differently than if it completely lost signal. Could be wrong though, but once activated I would think it would be the same.

Now to your palm profile issue...... I know lots of people don't like the google, but if you want to sync between devices, I think this would be your easy fix for contacts and calendar.