Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I found out yesterday, quite by accident, that the charging adaptor for my Motorola H710 bluetooth headset also fits the Palm Pre perfectly.

    Can this be used to charge the Pre, or is there some potential harm it may cause?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  2. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #2  
    there is no harm it just won't charge as fast but don't tell sprint or palm because if you do have a problem they'll try to blame it on that
  3. #3  
    USB is a standard. And Micro USB will work. There are two styles, regular USB that will charge at 500 mA max or the high power non-data type that will push up to 1 A (required for Touchstone.)

    Just like hooking it to your computer via USB to charge, it will work just slower.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  4. wotan's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #4  
    I think with 1.3.1 they changed the way the pre detects if it's been plugged in. I can now plug into a much lower amp 12v charger and have it start charging. Before 1.3.1, if I tried to plug it into my car adapter I had to close all of the cards and make sure the screen was off.
  5. #5  
    I am suing you for Avatar infringement.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    USB is a standard. And Micro USB will work. There are two styles, regular USB that will charge at 500 mA max or the high power non-data type that will push up to 1 A (required for Touchstone.)

    Just like hooking it to your computer via USB to charge, it will work just slower.
    Thing is, the charger from my H710 doesn't look like a regular USB cable - it has an A/C connection and a relatively thin cord... but the end that plugs into the earpiece is obviously the same as Micro USB.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I am suing you for Avatar infringement.
    Well, I thought mine was the only Alfred E Neuman on the forum. That's what I use for my personal avatar for text messaging on my Pre. Will change it to something else when I get a chance. :-)
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  7. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    I think with 1.3.1 they changed the way the pre detects if it's been plugged in. I can now plug into a much lower amp 12v charger and have it start charging. Before 1.3.1, if I tried to plug it into my car adapter I had to close all of the cards and make sure the screen was off.
    i had the same issue too before 1.3.1
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Well, I thought mine was the only Alfred E Neuman on the forum. That's what I use for my personal avatar for text messaging on my Pre. Will change it to something else when I get a chance. :-)
    Was only Kidding. Your avatar is fine. I'm all for starting an Alfred E. Neuman cult

Posting Permissions