1.    #1  
    And not the speaker? The one I just tried only plays through the speaker.

That's a deal breaker for me.
    All Visual Voicemail style apps use the same audio SDK to play. I do not believe there is a way to route the audio to the ear piece with the current SDK. I haven't dealt much with the Audio functions, but that is what I have read in the various developer boards.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    This is one of the problems present when trying to get VVM on phones before the iPhone was released. The JavaME sdk (at least the most prevalent profiles) did not support playing through the earpiece. Hopefully Palm will get on this sometime soon.
    Bok
    This would be nice. I feel intrusive listening to VVM playback in public and it can be awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    This would be nice. I feel intrusive listening to VVM playback in public and it can be awkward.
    Yeah, that could be bad. "this message is for john doe. your test results are in and you are positive and highly contagious. please do not go out in public."
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    That's what the transcription is for.

If you see any of the following words or phrases, don't play the message in public...

Mother *****
    Why did you take a **** on my ****?
    Don't put **** in the ***
    *** **** ***** ** **** ***!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    And not the speaker? The one I just tried only plays through the speaker.

That's a deal breaker for me.
    I have a BT headset, and both Visual Voicemail, and GDial Pro play through it. That should do what you're looking for.
  8.    #8  
    BT Headset? I won't wear one of those in public either
    It would look a little weird, but you could always turn the volume down to 1 and put the speaker against your ear.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    That's what the transcription is for.

If you see any of the following words or phrases, don't play the message in public...

Mother *****
    Why did you take a **** on my ****?
    Don't put **** in the ***
    *** **** ***** ** **** ***!!!
    Funny thing, I tested the Google Transcribe capabilities of curse words, and it just tried to associate the word with something else, instead of spelling out the actual curse word or with asterisks. Lame... I'm starting to get used to how Google transcribes my messages, despite the fact that I tell the callers to speak clearly. I get a jist of what the voicemail is about until I listen to it.

However to add to the OP, I would love this, however to my understanding, the SDK doesn't have an API protocol to allow developers to use the earpiece. Why palm hasn't included that is beyond me, however the SDK is growing and hopefully by sometime next year, they will have a more advanced SDK for developers, because it will not be able to go far with it's current state.