Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I though that you could just hook up your Pre to your computer and just create a folder but when I go to my music player and select playlist it is empty. What is it that Im doing wrong and why cant I just do it straight from the phone. I find that very dissappointing
    You can't create a play-list on the fly in the Palm Music player.

What I suggest is downloading Media Monkey, and use that to do your media syncing. Alternatively you can do homebrew and get the media player remix. DanPLC's version of the media player allows you to create playlists on the fly.

Homebrew stuff: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Music Player (Remix): http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...c-player-remix
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    You can get Music Player Remix and use a Flylist. :-)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You can get Music Player Remix and use a Flylist. :-)
    +1. Yep, works great and it is free.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Thanx for the replies, especially you complex pants. Now for the music player remix, the link you provided to it which is from the Precentral site. Where it prompts you to click to download, can I do that directly from my phone or would I have to save it to my computer and then put it onto my phone? And do I need to mod my phone to have this app. I'm sorry guys but I'm a noob when it comes to homebrewing or modding.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have had my Pre for 4 months and finally got a round to messing with playlists.

I have created a relative playlist from the files on my pre...in .m3u format.
    My music player on the Pre will not recognize them.

I have read that you need to rename the main music folder so the that it playlists get read. I have done this...Rebooted...restarted...y9ou name it...

My playlist will not get recognized.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have not installed any patches related to the music player. I have downloaded Music Remix though......

This is really annoying me....any thoghts?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I figured it out.. Thanx again
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have had my Pre for 4 months and finally got a round to messing with playlists.

I have created a relative playlist from the files on my pre...in .m3u format.
    My music player on the Pre will not recognize them.

I have read that you need to rename the main music folder so the that it playlists get read. I have done this...Rebooted...restarted...y9ou name it...

My playlist will not get recognized.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have not installed any patches related to the music player. I have downloaded Music Remix though......

This is really annoying me....any thoghts?
    Search the forum for the keyword "M3U" with my username. I've posted instructions on how to do this in several threads.