Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My mother had a 11 year old shi tzu that went into the pool. I went after it without hesitation and here I am today dealing with this problem.

Late July the phone got a good bit of water damage due to my dog saving heroics. I paid the replacement fee for the Pre and had to wait 2 weeks for them to send me a replacement.

Replacement: Was 2 (two, dos) refurbished Palm Pre's. I thought I hit the jackpot. The reality was that I had received two REFUBISHED Palm Pre's. Imagine my disdain when I opened both packages and inspected both phones to find that wonderful USED Palm twist thing going on. I called Asurion to let them know of the debacle. 2 weeks without a phone was enough to make me go nuts anyways. So I picked the better of the two USED phones and waited for them to send me a return slip for the other one.

The next day I put the water logged dog saving device in the package Asurion sent in with the other two phones. The return package was a bubble wrapped USPS envelope with no tracking number. (remember this part here)

After a month Asurion called me saying they would charge me 500+$ for the extra phone they sent me if I did not return it. Now to their credit they had sent me a return package slip, this happened to be in the midst of a move I was in and misplaced it. I requested another return slip and when it arrived I sent it back to them.

1 month ago I noticed my Sprint bill (which I am always current on) was 287 dollars! WHA? No way!

I called up Sprint to find out why I had a 200$ bill and they told me it was a credit charge from Asurion. I promptly called Asurion to discuss this obvious error. Keep in mind this is the same company that sent me TWO replacement phones. Just figured it was something easy to mistake.

Come to find out the 200$ was for the damaged phone I didnít return! Really? This phone was sent back the day after I had received the new PHONES. So I had then "research" and it would take the better part of a work week for them to find anything. (45 minutes on the phone, Sprint and Asurion)

I called 3 days later because I have now got that feeling I am dealing with a serious problem here. 200$ isnt something I am going to just scoff at and pay up, especially when I returned both the Titanic Pre and the Extra Replacement Pre. Asurion agreed, if I was going to keep a phone, it would be the good one they sent me and agreed to credit me the 200$ but it would take 2-3 billing cycles (read months)

I called Sprint to let them know that a refund was coming and that I would be refunded from Asurion. Wanted them to call Asurion to confirm and remove the charge on my account because I didnít want phone interruption... 2 weeks was ENOUGH for me. Sprint let me know they are not allowed to contact Asurion (right hand, meet left). (45 minutes on phone)

Had to call last month because I noticed 'Disruption may occur if balance isnít paid in full" on the Sprint Account website. I called Sprint to rehash the WHOLE experience twice. Once with an account rep, and again with a financial rep. Financial rep was a nice gentleman that spoke about as good English as I do Sumerian. That took a bunch of "Excuse me, can you repeat that"'s on my part. The end of the conversation went with Sprint financial rep guy, who called himself Phillip if I recall correctly, agreeing to me paying my usual service charge and letting the 200$ sit there until Asurion Paid the refund. (35 minutes... a whole bunch of excuse me's remember)

This morning after another rehash of the whole story, refund, scuba phone, twin phone receiving, Asurion cluster eff, TWICE, I was put back on the phone with another financial rep who was Phillip's twin sister, to let me know they would dispute the charge, remove it from the account until Asurion refunded it, REFUNDED me my "late fee" for not paying the 200$ I didnít owe and apologizing for the Inconvenience. (30 minutes)

Moral of the story... if the return package doesnít have a tracking number on it... spend the 10 bucks at UPS, FedEx or wherever you send your stuff from to send it back. Its worth the 2.5 hours of phone babble.

Just for the record, Sprint and Asurion reps, with all being said, were helpful, and courteous.
    You know dogs can swim?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You know dogs can swim?
    <LOL>
    You know dogs can swim?
    After reading that entire story, this was so funny it made me spit coffee on my monitor!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    You know dogs can swim?
    You know dogs can swim?
    And on top of that, who cares about a damn shi tzu? Might as well be a cat.
    You know dogs can swim?
    damn im glad i opened this thread!

After reading that whole OP, reading Nicks post immediately after made me burst out laughing at work.

Anyways, that is a crazy story. Good thing you stuck to your guns.
    Stephan, thanx for the heads up.... but that's what you get for trying to be a hero (not an HTC )
    @NickDG: Like everybody else, i really lol'd because that story was sooooo long and you had the perfect response.

Hey! How about an award for 'Best Response of the Week'??
    We could announce it.... ummm.... weekly!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    pretty sure the 11 year old part pointed out the dogs inability to swim... but I got a good laugh out of it anyways. It was a knee jerk reaction honestly... Even if he was a pup I would have probably done the same.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    A completely unsympathetic group.

Even my golden retriever who is afraid of water can swim, she just doesn't like to . I know, I know, a golden afraid of the water - who would have thought.

On the info side, it is very important to keep close tabs on proceedings and get receipts, delivery receipts etc. when dealing with insurance and replacements. VERY VERY Important.
    You know dogs can swim?
    My first thought too!
    damn .. the same thing happend to me. i returned a htc diamond the next day after gettting my replacment diamond.. well a month later they charged me 200 for not returning the broke phone.. it took 3days and 4 hours on the phone to get asurion to credit the 200 back..

now fast forward to last month.. got a replacment pre. sent the broke pre back the next day.. they called 2 weeks ago saying they never got the broke pre back.. im like i cant freakn believe this.. so im gonna have to go through this mess again. to get them to credit 200 back once again..i think asurion is running some kind of scam,lol
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my guess is that package handlers steal any phone shipped without tracking information. best case = they get a good phone. worst case they throw away a broken phone.a
    Don't understand why it took two weeks. Mine was overnighted.
    Crap! I just put mine in the mail this week! The whole tracking thing did occur to me, a day late!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    You know dogs can swim?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    A completely unsympathetic group.

Even my golden retriever who is afraid of water can swim, she just doesn't like to . I know, I know, a golden afraid of the water - who would have thought.
    djmcgee, I feel your pain, I got a black lab that doesn't like water. After the first 3 trips to the lake and the laughter from my buddies, she stays home now..
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Don't understand why it took two weeks. Mine was overnighted.
    Was on back order at the time.