Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm a little confused on how Push email and Pop Email work on the Pre.

Pop email I know leaves the email on the server, regardless on what you do to it on the Pre.

However, i don't encounter this issue people are having with the Push/Pop email that I've read about. Whenever I swipe a message to delete, it's gone from my Gmail too. I don't have it checking as soon as msgs come in, I have it on every 5 min I think.

Anywho, so can someone break it down as to what the problem is or if it's just certain people having this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Ok, I'm a little confused on how Push email and Pop Email work on the Pre.

Pop email I know leaves the email on the server, regardless on what you do to it on the Pre.

However, i don't encounter this issue people are having with the Push/Pop email that I've read about. Whenever I swipe a message to delete, it's gone from my Gmail too. I don't have it checking as soon as msgs come in, I have it on every 5 min I think.

Anywho, so can someone break it down as to what the problem is or if it's just certain people having this issue.
    Probably, if you have a Gmail account, you are using IMAP, not POP. And that's a good thing, as IMAP is superior to POP is most ways that people would care about. If you have the option to get messages as soon as they come in, it's an IMAP account (and that setting would be more efficient than checking every 5 minutes).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I meant to say I have it set up to Sync (Get Email) every 5 minutes. Which I guess means that the Pre connects to the server and looks for new emails.

So what is Push then? Does that mean that the mail server sends out a call to the Phone and tells it there's a new message? Which basically helps the battery life of the Pre so it doesn't check for new email.
    yes
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2