Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello - I'm looking for opinions on which is the best of the current Shopping List apps. Please share your experiences and your thoughts. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have been using "Shopping List". I think it works real well. Its easy and fast. Try it out in Homebrew.
  3.    #3  
    I was using this one, but it expired. I thought it was OK, but I'm wondering if there are any others out there with even better features.
    HandyShopper, but you need Classic to run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgguy View Post
    I was using this one, but it expired. I thought it was OK, but I'm wondering if there are any others out there with even better features.
    Shopping List just hit the App Catalog today. There are a ton of features planned for it still. If you would like to suggest a feature, submit one in the Shopping List - Feature Requests thread.
    You could try out my app "Dealert." It allows you to track products and when they go on sale. You could use it as a shopping list with the added benefit of knowing whether or not your products go on sale.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I use Teal Shopper. I find it slightly easier to use than Shopping List, and also in store mode, items can be checked off lists. Unless I was using Shopping List improperly (which is entirely possible), I couldn't do that in that app. Teal Shopper just seems more intuitive to me. YMMV.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Shopping List is great! I use it all the time and the developer is very responsive, it is now available in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Shopping List just hit the App Catalog today. There are a ton of features planned for it still....
    Shopping List is pretty good, and I'd like to continue using it, but it's expired again and the only way I've been able to get it to work is to delete it and reinstall. I'm not keen on entering all of my data again, and I can't e-mail/text it to myself because it's expired.

I'm happy to pay for the app through the App Catalog, but everytime I try to install the update I get the App Catalog Unavailable error, common when trying to update Homebrew apps.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    I use Teal Shopper. I find it slightly easier to use than Shopping List, and also in store mode, items can be checked off lists. Unless I was using Shopping List improperly (which is entirely possible), I couldn't do that in that app. Teal Shopper just seems more intuitive to me. YMMV.
    Yes, you can check off items via Shopping List. It's a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by .plaid View Post
    Shopping List is pretty good, and I'd like to continue using it, but it's expired again and the only way I've been able to get it to work is to delete it and reinstall. I'm not keen on entering all of my data again, and I can't e-mail/text it to myself because it's expired.

I'm happy to pay for the app through the App Catalog, but everytime I try to install the update I get the App Catalog Unavailable error, common when trying to update Homebrew apps.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
    Hi there,

Yes, the homebrew version expired because it was only meant for testing. Sorry about this. What you need to do is uninstall the homebrew version before you can download the version in the App Catalog.

I can assist you with extracting your data from the homebrew app into a spreadsheet so you don't have to write everything down. If you would like me to do this, then send me a private message and I can direct you further.
    I use Memos app included with webos.
    I love these task applications, but I needed one that I could quickly, and easily, work from my computer AND my Pre. Most of the apps out there right now don't synch between the two.

Then I started to use Google Tasks because they were available both on the desktop and on the Pre, but recently switched to GQueues, which is fully integrated into iGoogle and has a fantastic Pre interface. It is much more customizable than the plain Google Tasks. Works great for me because I can have my work tasks, including phone call reminders, as well as my home stuff, including shopping lists.

Check out the GQueues Tour here
    Shopping List seems more efficient to me when your actually at the store which helps if you have kids along.

Also, it keeps what you have and what you still need separate which I like.

Finally, tealShopper strikes me as form over function (better to have a stable, navigable app).

Save 3 bucks and get Shopping List.
    my 2 cents. Shopping list is great.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I used List Pro on my Treo for years. It is great, but I have to use Classic on the Pre in order for it to work. I don't like Classic.

I have been playing with Shopping List for a few weeks now, and like it. I can't wait until I can update my lists from a regular computer though.
    I'm surprised no-one here mentioned HandyShopper, which is (was?) the absolute Rolls-Royce of shopping lists... But I don't know how it behaves in classic.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    That GQueues looks pretty sweet.

I was a fan of Shopping List because I was told there would be a simple version for free and a paid version that was more complex. When my Homebrew version expired, there was no free version. I was essentially strong armed into buying the app, but I lost my database. The developer lied to me, plain and simple. Oh well, he got his money from me, and that's all he really wanted.
    Shopping List is pretty good. FliqNotes is free and good enough for me.
    lgguy, IMO it is obvious which is the best by simply looking at this thread. I don't see any other developer responding, or offering to help save your data (That is awesome customer support Mojo). Also you could have input into future features. I bought Shopping List the day it expired and it is one of my most useful and used apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast