1.    #1  
    Hello
    Wife just bought Pre, and I would like to transfer my contacts (some) to her phone. I searched forums and only came across this solution
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information

which is essentially taking out palmdatabase.db3 file.

1) If I copy my file to her phone, will she see my contacts?
    2) My contacts are from various profiles: Palm, Outlook EAS, and lynked ones that are in both. Her phone won't have EAS account as she doesnt use it.
    Will this work?
    3) Is there a way to do this wirelessly?

thanks all.
    I suspect you will run into problems just copying the palmdatabase.db3 file to someone else's phone. The whole idea of moving contacts gets tricky because of the way WebOS can "merge" multiple accounts. Your best bet is to try and export the contacts from the individual accounts (usually into a CSV format) and them import them to an account for your wife's phone.

I'm not familiar with EAS, but folks have worked on utilities to do this for Palm Profile. Search "export palm profile" and you should find several options (depending on how technical you are). But the best advice is not use Palm Profile and move to Google (or something else) if possible. My wife and I both use Google, and sharing Contacts (and Calendars) is very easy.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I suggest you try and set up Google Contacts. It's very easy and you can avoid the whole db3 file. That's only for backing up for your own phone, not really transferring.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Hello
    Wife just bought Pre, and I would like to transfer my contacts (some) to her phone. I searched forums and only came across this solution
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information

which is essentially taking out palmdatabase.db3 file.

1) If I copy my file to her phone, will she see my contacts?
    2) My contacts are from various profiles: Palm, Outlook EAS, and lynked ones that are in both. Her phone won't have EAS account as she doesnt use it.
    Will this work?
    3) Is there a way to do this wirelessly?

thanks all.
    1) I think so, however, this is a bad idea, as there are more than just contacts in that file. You would be better off extracting a .csv, sending it to her, and having her import it into her Google account. You are telling her to get a Google account if she doesn't already have one, right?

For just a few contacts, you can select the contact you want to share, open the app menu, tap Send Contact, and send it via either MMS or Email.

If you have a lot of them to share, this method might be a little cumbersome, so it would probably be better to make a csv.

Alternatively, if you have most of these contacts in Outlook, you can export a csv file from Outlook and send it to her and have her import it into her Google account.

2) If you just copy over your palmdatabase file, your EAS contacts will be lost to her after you tell her to remove your EAS account from her phone or change your password or something. Other ways of sending the data shouldn't care whether the contact was from your Palm profile or from EAS.

3) Wirelessly is best achieved by sending individual contacts through MMS or Email. Otherwise you'll need a computer in the loop.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5.    #5  
    excellent, thanks. It's just a few of them, so emaling them or mms may be the smartest.