1.    #1  
    Here is my problem. When I'm home my Pre automatically connects to my wifi network. (my data usage is also set to "ON")

Everything works smootlhy until my connection is stalling, all I see is this eternal sign (it is stuck)

[IMG][/IMG]

Then I have to stop the wifi, connect via Ev (always works good on EV with wifi off), and then turn back on the wifi. It's gonna works for 10 minutes and the problem will come back.

Very annoying. I much prefer to use the wifi at home to save on my data plan.

Any suggestion??

Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Likely it's your router!

I had an older linksys router a while back that would periodically stall and thus stall all attached components. I firmware update and problem solved.

This doesn't sound like a phone problem unless this occurs anytime you are connected to any wi-fi network.

Try re-booting your router first next time.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Likely it's your router!

I had an older linksys router a while back that would periodically stall and thus stall all attached components. I firmware update and problem solved.

This doesn't sound like a phone problem unless this occurs anytime you are connected to any wi-fi network.

Try re-booting your router first next time.
    Thanks for your suggestion, if it would be my router, it would affect my other computers? Right? but this behaviour is not a problem with my laptop, my archos 605.

It is also reproductible when I'm at some free wifi networks in town...

Any idea?
    You can try turning EVDO "data" off (under the Phone app preferences) when you're at home. This is a bit of a pain, so it may not be a great solution, but it might help you diagnose the problem.

In your screen shot, I notice that there's no WiFi indicator. That seems odd to me ... usually if WiFi is available then the Pre will use it first. I suspect you are losing the WiFi connection for some reason ... maybe a weak signal and you're moving around? Some apps have problems switching between EVDO and Wifi (Pandora is particularly bad, maybe it's a "streaming" problem). I sometimes have to turn WiFi off if I'm in the car because a stray WiFi signal will cause the EVDO to disconnect and I get a similar "stuck" problem (the opposite of what you're seeing).
  5.    #5  
    First, thank you so much for your help, really appreciated.
    You can try turning EVDO "data" off (under the Phone app preferences) when you're at home. This is a bit of a pain, so it may not be a great solution, but it might help you diagnose the problem.
    Sadly, I tried that and it didn't work...
    In your screen shot, I notice that there's no WiFi indicator. That seems odd to me ...
    yes, sorry, this is because I'm at work right now and I disabled my wifi...

I'll try to reset my router and my repeater and see if that helps. Actually I'm running my routers on DD-WRT
  6.    #6  
    ok, I finally git it work by resetting my router and my repeater...
    thanks for your help